Forum member ‘ericbphoto’ (Eric Benner) brought his 1993 Ford Ranger Splash 4×4 to the 20th Anniversary Trail Ride in Ohio, and he was definitely not afraid to wheel it. I was surprised at how well the truck worked, and the fact that he never broke an axle shaft or locking hub wheeling it so hard.
This has definitely been a well thought out build, and works great.
Eric did get the Ranger high centered after sliding off of some rocks, but we were able to get him back under way without breaking anything. Hopefully we’ll be able to wheel some more together in the future.
- 3.0L V6
- M50D 5-Speed manual transmission
- Skyjacker Class-II 6-Inch suspension lift with extended radius arms
- Superlift Superunner Steering
- 31-Spline Ford 8.8-inch rear axle from a FX4 Ranger
- Dana 35 TTB front axle
- Yukon 4.56 gears
- Aussie Lockers
- Front c-clip eliminator
- 35×12.50×15 BFGoodrich All Terrains on steel wheels
- Jeep front tube bumper modified to fit
- Rear receiver hitch
- VIAIR air compressor and tank
To view Eric’s build thread, check out Project 1993 Splash 4×4
Click on the photos to enlarge.