1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
2. Loosen the rear skid plate bolts.
3. Remove the bolts and the rear skid plate.
4. Remove the oil pan drain bolt and drain the engine oil.
5. Install the oil pan drain bolt. Torque: 20 lb.ft (27 Nm)
6. Remove the retainers and the position the LH side splash shield down for access to the oil filter.
7. NOTE: Use a commercially available 74/76mm – 15 flutes end cap oil filter wrench. Remove and discard the engine oil filter.
8. Using brake cleaner, clean the drain troughs. Use Motorcraft® Metal Brake Parts Cleaner / PM-4-A, PM-4-B. Wipe the drain troughs clean.
1. NOTE: Use a commercially available 74/76mm – 15 flutes end cap oil filter wrench. Lubricate the new engine oil filter sealing surface with clean engine oil and install.
Stage 1: 71 lb.in (8 Nm)
Stage 2: 180°
2. Position the LH side splash shield and install the retainers.
3. Install the rear skid plate and the bolts. Torque: 22 lb.ft (30 Nm). Tighten the rear skid plate bolts. Torque: 22 lb.ft (30 Nm).
4. Fill the engine with clean engine oil. SAE 5W-30 synthetic blend motor oil (6.2-Quarts).