This 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 based out of Steinbach Manitoba has been set up to overland and explore the beauty that Canada has to offer.
It doesn’t take an expensive expedition vehicle to get out and travel. The 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II comes from the factory with 4.10 gears, 8.8-inch rear axle, Torsen limited slip rear differential, Bilstein shocks, and factory skid plates.
The front has been lifted by cranking the torsion bars, and the rear has been lifted with an add-a-leaf and Belltech shackles. This makes room for the 32.8-inch Goodyear Duratracs.
A winch bumper and LED lightbar has been added to the front, and a custom swing out rear bumper was added to carry the spare tire, along with extra fuel and water.
A fiberglass camper shell was added to protect the contents stored in the bed, and a custom cage was built to hold the Smittybilt Roof Top Tent. A Curt roof basket was mounted on Ford Explorer roof rails for extra storage above the cab.
It’s always great to see someone getting out and exploring with their Ford Ranger. Where have you taken your Ford Ranger??
- 285/75r16 (32.8 inches) Goodyear Duratracs
- 16×8 (4.5″ BS) Pro comp 7031s
- Torsion bars cranked but not quite maxed out
- Belltech extended shackles – LINK
- Long leaf add a leaf from local spring shop
- Factory 2.5″ blocks
- Stock bilstein 4600s up front/5100s (From Mazda) in the rear
- Led headlights in black housings
- Led Reverse/corner and license plate lights
- 21″ Kodiak double row combo bar on bumper
- 4 5″ Kodiak double row spots on roof basket
- Pair of Kodiak flush mount flood pods in rear bumper
- Led dome light
- Explorer Sport Trac silver hvac panel
- Kenwood double din radio
- Jl c2 5×7 front speakers(stock rears for now)
- Affordable Off Road Winch Bumper – LINK
- Custom rear swingout bumper
- Cap from Mazda
- Custom bed cage to wrap around cap
- Smittybilt roof top tent (RTT) on cage – LINK
- Curt roof basket on Explorer roof rails mounted to cab
- Black headlights/corners
- Black ford emblem
- Magnaflow muffler
- Air intake silencer delete
- G2 high capacity diff cover – LINK
Click the photos to enlarge.