• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 4x4 module/GEM wiring

freestyletrev

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello,
I've posted about this before, but in a less specific way.

I have a 98 xlt, 4x4 5spd. I can shift into 4 high fine. When switched to 4 low, no relay clicks, no flashing lights. I've taken the motor off and it will turn either way with 12v and the tc can be turned in 4 low. I imagine this is a sensor issue. (speed, brake, clutch switch)

My brake lights work, and I can start the truck only with the clutch pushed in fully, so I imagine those sensors are fine. The speed sensor is probably/ hopefully the culprit.

Can anyone tell me what wires going into the GEM are for the speed, brake, and clutch sensors so I can just run ground/12v to them when I want to shift to 4 low?

RonD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Here ya go.
Clutch switch isn't just one switch, there are 3 switches in it, so in theory one of the switches could be broken and engine would still start, but longshot

Attachments

freestyletrev

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thank you so much for the diagrams!

Would you happen to have diagrams for the 4x4 module also?

I don't see where the GEM has a clutch sensor input; just brake and speed. I know the clutch switch that I know of is located on the clutch pedal assembly. Where are the other parts of it? Included inside that assembly?

freestyletrev

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Some of the diagrams wiring don't match up. I will have to wait until I can look at my wiring on my truck this weekend. This might be a life saver for me though! Thank you so very much!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad