Original poster: ranger_mclaren
Difficulty: 2 out of 10
Time to uninstall: about 25 minutes
Disclaimer: TheRangerStation.com, TheRangerStation.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you removing your OEM windows. By doing this and following this how-to you, the installer, take full responsibility if anything is damaged or messed up. If you have questions, feel free to PM the original poster or ask in the appropriate section of TheRangerStation.com forums.
Brief explanation: I decided to remove my back window one so i didn’t need to replace any stickers I had made or orderd and because the window in the truck I was planning on buying had a broken window and this is a cheaper way to replace.
– 3 or 4 flat head screw drivers
– 1 Phillips screwdriver
– 1 Hammer.
1. First remove inner plastic panels with phillps screwdriver first above door then above rear window then can take sides off i just tucked sides behind seat so I didn’t need to remove seat belts.
2. Then after plastic panels are removed take a small flat head screw driver place between inner wall and rubber seal and pry down then shove up in between outer wall and seal you can use hammer to help get the driver shoved.
3. Once your there use a larger screw driver strong enough to pry with and shove it up beside small driver. and pry a little just enough to put a third driver further down.
4. Keep working your way down using two drivers about 6 to 8 inches apart priing little at a time when you get to the middle you should start to see day light and have the first part of the seal out side the truck.
5. Once you’ve made your way down to the end with the drivers you should be able to push out on the window to release the top half you may need a friend to help catch widow from falling out. I had a roll bar to stop it.
6. Once outide truck climb into bed and pull up on window to release the bottom seal.
7. Then pull out and your done.