• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Paint Estimate

mikkelstuff

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Call Jeff Worth (205-446-8656) in Arab, AL - a 3 hr drive from Cleveland. Jeff is one fantastic body man/painter and will not steer you wrong.

Blitz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Tremor
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Very good! Owners often think nothing about expensive mechanical upgrades, but the biggest is paint and body. This summer I hope to paint the frame and give it a clear coat of Synmast epoxy. I've use this stuff before and know it will last. Send us some fotos please!
I just added a few years on to my Ranger. I did this in 1 weekend.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
I just added a few years on to my Ranger. I did this in 1 weekend.
View attachment 75477

View attachment 75478

View attachment 75479
Well done! I used Synmast on my last truck. It stopped the rust dead in its tracks. And being epoxy, it set up rock hard, perhaps even as hard as powder coating, making it perfect for the frame. Synmast was originally made to strengthen fiberglass and replace toxic polyester resins. You can buy synmast here: https://www.polygem.com/

I'm surprised that other people haven't discovered this product.

It will also adhere to paint without dissolving it. Judging from the fotos, it seems as though you first applied a coat of rust converter?

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
This subject is a real can of paint worms. Prices vary greatly, because the work can vary greatly.

Removing things not getting painted (bumpers, chrome etc.) will help with price, as will masking off for them.

If you don't mind Bondo, that will help. Prep hours and sheet metal fabrication cost money.

If you want all the gaps and lines nice, and all fiberglass or metal (no bondo), that's gonna cost ya.

Probably the cheapest quote you will get is if they literally just need to apply paint. Everything's been prepped for them, and/ or you don't care if the rest is not perfect, paint away.

If they do a wet sand/polish etc after, it might save you dough to do that for them as well. Its not hard, just takes time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals