• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Daniel3507 Build Thread

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Okay so after looking at my truck for a few days with the new coils on, I really dont like them. I had more of a lift with my old springs and the spacer. I think im just going to quit screwing around with this whole lift thing and just get an autofab 4'' lift and be done with it. I was looking at the lift on their site and they had a third gen with the 4'' lift and it looked bad ass. Its just a front lift though and when i called them to ask what was needed to lift the back they said you wouldnt need anything for them which kind of surprised me and worried me.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
You could do that, you just might have a pre-runner style rake, which would be kind of cool actually.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Hey Daniel, where did you get the coil pack from?

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I ordered it form performance distributors. I didnt bother with the Livewires since they are expensive and my wires were like a year old. They have great customer service too. They sent me the wrong part by mistake but they paid to have the correct one sent overnight which is more than i can say about other companies ive dealt with.
http://www.performancedistributors.com/fordtruckv6.htm

Last edited:

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Awesome thanks Daniel

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
It's more likely what that autofab kit will create. The prerunner rake.

If you want it dead level afterward, just add some bell-tech shackles. Or even a set of the SJ or SL rear 4" lift springs. Then just get rid of the factory block.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I am starting to lean toward a Superlift 3.5'' lift. I wouldnt have to worry about returning a core and it comes with a new leaf spring pack to lift the rear.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well after 4 years or so of only being able to get half a tank of gas, I now have a full tank of gas. I tried a new filler neck and it didnt work so i wasnt happy about spending the money on that. I bought a new gas tank and took it to get replaced today while i was at work but of course since the god of auto parts hates me, it didnt fit even though it was supposed to. Luckily the shop i took it to is awesome and they found me one at a salvage yard north of town. They picked it up for me and swapped it out with no problems. I had a stress crack in the tank right above a cross member in the frame. It wasnt just a small crack either. Tall vertical crack about a couple inches tall and about a half inch wide. Im happy with having a full tank of gas but im not happy about being almost out of money again. I guess the lift will have to wait even longer. I did get my ruff stuff diff cover powder coated though and it looks great. I will get some pics soon hopefully

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Im moving here in a few weeks for school so im trying to get some things done to my truck that i have been avoiding. First up is the brakes.
Found some slotted rotors from r1 concepts and they are going to be paired up with EBC Greenstuff pads. For the rears i got a set of the aerostar drums with duralast shoes and all new springs. Decided while im at it to go ahead and replace all the brake fluid with synthetic DOT 4. Now I just have to actually get my ass out there and do it.

Ive also been fighting a battle with my fading door handles and bumper. Luckily though I finally decided to get out and buy some 303 Aerospace Protectant. If anyone is tired of the faded look of door handles, dash, or anything plastic or rubber you need this stuff. It is awesome. It not only blocks uv better than anything else out there it actually re conditions it.

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I'm glad your working on the truck again, and I was getting tired of hearing about the half a gas tank thing so sweet that you fixed it!!!!!

Frank

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hell yeah man! haha. I was excited to finally get that taken care of. Finally able to move onto to better things to do to the truck haha.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
nice updates man, those sloted rotors look really nice

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet build man! im liking the new rotors! have you decided between the 4" or the 3.5" superlift yet, or still mowing that around?

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thanks guys. The new brakes are a big improvement over what i had. Im thinking of going with the 4'' lift from rough country. I dont know if I can afford the superlift. The thing I dont really like though is that both lifts have rear lift blocks. I would rather have all new leaf springs

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals