• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Daniel3507 Build Thread

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
im just finding your build thread daniel.
when you leveled your truck with the coils did you have to put in adjustable camber bushings to get the alignment right?

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
im just finding your build thread daniel.
when you leveled your truck with the coils did you have to put in adjustable camber bushings to get the alignment right?
Yeah the camber was off after i did the coils. It wasnt terrible or anything but I just took to an alignment shop and they put new camber bushings in.

Ok Daniel,its time for a meet, I got the B2 backup and runnin. Time to get hold of Frank too
Lets do it. A meet would be fun.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
No real updates. Finally got off my ass and changed out the speedo gear for the correct one. I also finished using the dremel tool to make my last center cap fit over the hub.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
What did you end up using for a speedo gear?

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Im pretty sure I used the tan 19 tooth gear. It had the green 17 tooth one in it and it was off by about 10mph. Its still off by about 2mph according to gps but its close enough for me.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Huge update

Well actually its not a big update at all. Hardly worth posting about but what the hell, im bored. Battery was getting a little weak so I decided to go pick up a Diehard Platinum. I felt I needed a 100 month warranty and 930CCA. I bought and after I got home i realized I got charged $220 instead of $200 the price tag said. Apparently the battery prices changed and they didnt change the tags yet. I went back and they were nice enough to refund me the 20 bucks. Im going to wait till its not 100 something degrees outside to install it though.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Im pretty sure I used the tan 19 tooth gear. It had the green 17 tooth one in it and it was off by about 10mph. Its still off by about 2mph according to gps but its close enough for me.
Interesting. I'll keep that in mind.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well I had to replace my MAF over the weekend. I was still getting some pinging and the idle was off and was told by a mechanic I know that there is a good chance it could be MAF since I have fixed so many other things. Well, $170 later it seemed to fix the problem. The idle is better than its been in forever and there is zero pinging on the highway. Im really excited to see what my gas mileage will be with the new MAF. Just wish it wasnt so damn expensive.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well Ive decided to slowly rebuild my entire suspension system. Im tired of rattles and squeaks that i hear after every bump. Replacing every single bushing and any part that is even questionable is my ultimate goal. It will take some time to do though since im not exactly rolling in cash or free time. I decided to start with the body mounts and front sway bar. After failing to find any place that has both my body mounts and sway bar bushings in stock, I decided to just order body mounts so i can install them over spring break. I'll just wait to do the sway bar till another time. I went with Prothane body mounts and I plan on using Energy Suspension for most everything else.
Here you can see why I decided to do body mounts first. This is the front driver side and its the worst of them by far.

The new parts. I am hoping that I will be able to reuse the original hardware and will be able to take some of this back. I just wanted to have some replacement hardware on hand just to be safe. Grade 8 bolts 5inches long half inch diameter, lock nuts, fender washers, blue loctite stick, and of course, the body mounts. Im going with red bushings and body mounts just for a change.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Good stuff Daniel.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals