• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B2300 engine swap

1997 MAZDA B2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
MAZDA
Transmission
Manual
hey guys i have a 1997 mazda b2300 4x2 short box with a engine with no power so my question is what possible swaps could i do to it that would involve the least amount of customizing and is ther a 4x4 system that i could pull out of another ranger or mazda

Thed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Least possible work? 4.0 swap.

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Easiest swap would be another '97 2.3L that's not on the way out. If you wanna go 4x4 swap I would honestly think about selling yours and putting the money down on an actual 4x RBV, I'm thinking hard about doing the same thing with my 92' 2wd. I absolutely LOVE my truck but I'm about to have a ford focus and I've been thinking of the 4wd swap and simplicity wise it'll be alot easier to just sell my 2wd and hunt for the 4wd RBV I want. Admittedly I want to keep my truck and SAS it but I know for a fact that it would be easier to SAS a truck that is already 4wd.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
4.0 would be easiest swap. As for 4x4, you'd be better off buying a different truck. Otherwise if you are dead set on keeping your current truck and still need more traction, I'd suggest getting a 2" lift for your truck, 31" tires, re-gear the rear axle with at least 4.56's and install a locker. That set-up would be easier to do than swapping to 4x4.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ryan
    Forum Administrator

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals