• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

b2300

1. Yost

Hello Friends

Hello, I just got my first truck. 2002 Mazda B2300 2.3l 5 speed 91k mile on her. I have so many projects that I want to do it's a little overwhelming. there are a couple of things on the list first 1. Lift her 2 inches of Level her 2. Add bigger tires and Wheels. 4. add a new radio 3. Paint her...
  2. 95 B2300 2.3L low fuel pressure at KOEO

Symptoms: Tough to start, if it does not fire on the first key turn, I have to hold the pedal to the floor until it starts. A little hesitation when driving Symptoms started after replacing the fuel filter and spark plugs and plug wires. I have a problem of having 5 psi of fuel pressure when...
  3. B2300 cannot pass emissions!!

A
  4. 96 b2300 emissions help! Aborts test

Hey guys I have a 96 b2300 2wd that needs to pass emissions by January. The test center said they cannot get a reading from the truck. I have never reset codes/unplugged battery. The mechanic suggested a new thermostat is very common for this type of truck and issue. I have been looking at...
  5. 94 2.3l 2wd Wiring issue or Pcm?

I hope someone can help me out on this one. Hope this post isnt too long. Recently bought a 1994 mazda b2300 4 cyl 2.3L. After about 2 weeks the check engine light came on and stayed on. The truck then started to bog down and have no power sometimes. (not always) I used my scanner and got o2...
  6. Best Parts for tune-up?

Hello all, I just purchased a 1996 b2300 4cyl. Automatic. The truck has 103,000 miles on it. I got the timing belt changed but could definitely use some new parts and tune up. Asking for advice on what parts to replace which will give me most bang for my buck. Spark plugs coils radiator...
  7. HELP! 1994 2.3l ranger stumbles on acceleration

OK here's the story. 1994 Ranger 2.3l manual, 2WD no AC. the engine light has been on for some time. I tried reading the codes, but I got different codes every time and researching what I got led me nowhere. SO I replaced the air filter, fuel filter, PCV, DPFE, TPS, ICM. I Tested the fuel pump...
  8. What year engine is this?

Hey all, I have been reading this forum for a few years as I have owned 3 rangers, 85, 92 & now 96. 2.3L Engine is blown so I went about replacing it. Found an engine on craigslist, claimed it was from a '96 and only had 75k miles on it. $200 seemed like a good deal. About an hour ago I got...
  9. Nezorf

96 B2300 Temp Gauge Diagnostics.

Coolant Temperature Gauge I have a dead temp gauge. I have great heat, enough that I'm sweating in the cab. As I've had some vehicles die on me from overheating I'm over cautious and am running the heat at full blast when I drive. I haven't driven it further than 20 miles yet so its not too...
  10. 1996 B2300 Extended Cab Headliner Replacment

Hi, New to the forums but have already gotten several insights to other issues with my B2300. I'm going to replace the headliner covering and I'm looking for any details on unfastening and removing the headliner. I know the visors, hand hold, dome light need to come off. I'm really looking for...
  11. 3.0 Better Clutch???

hey guys i am swaping a 1995 3.0L in to my b2300 and i want to put in a new clutch im just wondering if any one knows a good aftermarket clutch that i could use or if there are any that i can swap in from another car ive heard that a mustang clutch will work so any help wold be great
  12. tubbyb23

Hey all, was just cruizing the web, came across this site, thought id join and see whats up. I have owened several rangers only 1 now well, not counting the b2300 i have a 94 ranger work truck 2.3 5 speed i also have a 94 b2300 pro street i didnt build it, but i am currently making it more...
  13. Nezorf

My 1996 Mazda B2300 2.3L Manual Clutch Adventure!

My 1996 Mazda B2300 2.3L Manual Repair Thread. Current Issue: Temp Gauge I thought I would start a thread for questions about my truck but also as a subsequent diary/walkthrough. My background: Ex-Motorcycle mechanic Basic car maintenance know how (oil changes, brakes, etc) General tinkerer...
  14. B2300 engine swap

hey guys i have a 1997 mazda b2300 4x2 short box with a engine with no power so my question is what possible swaps could i do to it that would involve the least amount of customizing and is ther a 4x4 system that i could pull out of another ranger or mazda
  15. mazda warrior

positive traction??

hey guys i currently have a 97 mazda B2300 manual trans. and i want to know if there is a direct bolt on positive traction rear end like out of a 4x4 ranger or mazda that i can put under it so i can race a little i am currently putting a new clutch and wanting to put a turbo or nitrous on it any...
  16. mazda warrior

positive traction

hey guys i currently have a 97 mazda B2300 manual trans. and i want to know if there is a direct bolt on positive traction rear end like out of a 4x4 ranger or mazda that i can put under it so i can race a little i am currently putting a new clutch and wanting to put a turbo or nitrous on it any...
  17. 1996 B2300 Exhaust

Hey guys, I have a 1996 b2300 and the muffler needs to be replaced. I was wondering if there is any cheap cat back systems out there for my truck? Also, how much do places usually charge to make a custom one?
  18. Water pump - pipe?

I have a '95 Mazda B2300 2.3 (ranger) that needs a new water pump. It looks fairly straight forward, except for the big rusty pipe coming out of the pump, behind the alternator that connects to the lower radiator hose. I'm hesitant to start pulling the pump out, since I don't know whats involved...
  19. 1994 2.3 to a 1999 2.5

Whats up guys I had a few questions and was hoping you guys could help me out. So the 2.3l in my B2300 is about to roll over dead, So I found a 1999 2.5 and 5 speed that is in good condition and I needed to know if I could just pull out the 2.3l and drop the 2.5l in. Any help would be great...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad