• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Road Trip South Anyone?

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Was paging through some southern cities (since I am home on disability and bored outta my friggin mind ) And found a tone of beautiful cheap RBV's. Mostly Pheonix and so cal of course. Anyone wanna road trip out? I got 3-4 weeks to kill. :icon_rofl:

I mean the RBVs up here in MN/WI they are either rusty as hell or if they are rust free they have a ton of miles and still want $$$.

Pretty much stating my bored observations:bawling:

Xandor

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88, 89, 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 2.9 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Its worth the time spent doing it. I live in Indiana and drove 600mi to get my BII and don't regret it one bit. My wife wrecking it.. now that I regret.

bttlscrs00x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I briefly looked at trucks while I was living in SoCal. They're all priced like gold, not worth it IMO, unless you can find a killer deal.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Its worth the time spent doing it. I live in Indiana and drove 600mi to get my BII and don't regret it one bit. My wife wrecking it.. now that I regret.
You mean you regret letting her drive it?
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a few years back, paid $400 for a 1978 subaru 4x4 wagon on ebay. it was in Oregon and i'm in Minnesota. got a friend to watch my dog and i flew out there to drive it back. picked it up and had all the fluids changed, radiator flushed, etc. before i started back with it. 3 days later, i was back in Duluth in a totally rust free subbie that had gotten me close to 30 mpg. never had a problem with it for the next 4 years or so.
yeah, i was very lucky and i know it!

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Once I get some more cash in the pocket I might do that, found a few in Pheonix for reasonable cost, At least for my area its reasonable. Passed on a really really clean '98 Explorer Sport for $1000 that was in the cities, Guy replaced a bunch of sensors but said it wouldn't rev past 3000 when in park or neutral and was sick of putting money in it. god that would have been a easy fix probably, Throw a new cat on it and be golden i'ma thinking. I really want a gen1 2wd reg cab though. I like how they look all cleaned up with nice rims and tires and leveled out. Need a new DD Neon is making noises that are bad and the ranger is under the knife

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
I'm in the same boat as you 97fordrunner, good older vehicles in ND are scarce or expensive. Vehicles from MN, especially the cities are plentiful but plan on replacing half of it due to rust.

I frequently find my self searching CL in "southern" places like Iowa and Nebraska for good deals because it's not too far and I know there will be less rust. I also have friends in Houston, Tucson, and Albuquerque, etc. and have thought many times about the fly and drive plan.

Ryannn

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
If You goto So Cal, Stop In Carson City, NV or Reno NV, and we can meet up!!

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm in the same boat as you 97fordrunner, good older vehicles in ND are scarce or expensive. Vehicles from MN, especially the cities are plentiful but plan on replacing half of it due to rust.

I frequently find my self searching CL in "southern" places like Iowa and Nebraska for good deals because it's not too far and I know there will be less rust. I also have friends in Houston, Tucson, and Albuquerque, etc. and have thought many times about the fly and drive plan.
Yeah, and after winters like this one that drag on and on I've though about moving the family south. I hat insects and reptiles though:dunno:

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not a fan of the heat either. Its bad enough here July, and August

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals