• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Little Green Turd

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Behind the door, and under the truck are the only two that I can think of now that you have the fiberglass thingy off.

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I got behind the door. I have have to look underneath. I got 6 bolts out of each side. Do I have to pull the fender flares off?

Sent from my iPhone

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nope. There is a bolt inside a plastic tub type thingy that is connected to the wheel well. You have to pull out the plastic push in clips and pull the tub down. That will give you access to the last bolt. Just brace yourself for lots of dirt, crap, and rust:icon_thumby:

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I can't express to you how much I love rust. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I got back to get some more done today. Thanks to prerunner, I got the last quarter panel bolts out and got the fender wells out and began on the suspension. The driver side quarter is still on because the bolt in the door jam stripped. I am not sure what I am going to do about that yet... :annoyed:

I discovered I had a hub come apart. I have a few spares lying around, so no big deal.

Its amazing how much room is under the hood when the air cleaner isn't in. For such a little engine, it has a massive filter system.

Home made air muffler delete. Cast iron :icon_hornsup:

Few more body mount pictures:

Another thing to deal with... bolt holding the old cat on snapped in the header :annoyed:

This is the total damage I had when my front left wheel came off at about 15 mph a few years back.

I got the sway bar off, and it well never be going back on. The shocks are disconnected from the radius arms. The steering is disconnected from pitman arm. I got some penetrating oil on all the front parts that are getting scrapped. Next trip will hopefully be removing all the suspension so I can clean up the frame and begin adding the new stuff.

Anyone got any tips for getting the spring retainer nut off? I did it once, but they are a pain in the ass!

More to come :icon_cheers:

Last edited:

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
Joey's Toyota

I figured I post a few photos of Joey's Toyota. It is his dad's garage we are working on these in.

As it sits at the moment, in all of its lime green engine enamel glory:

92 Toyota
22-RE 4 Cylinder Crate motor... hydro-locked after 1500 miles. Has a bent valve and burns oil now, but still runs good.
5 Speed
Stock T-Case
35" Maxxis Mudders
Trail Gear 6" lift leafs with SAS front from an 85 Yota
No Shocks... at the moment.
4.30 gears with a Lincoln Locker in the back :icon_welder:
Custom Bumpers (built for the apocolypse) with 8000lb winch

This think goes like hell and is pretty much molested every time Joey gets behind the wheel :icon_rofl:

He has a little more suspension work to do to finish it up. Then it is receiving a 350 transplant. He thinks he found a good donor truck.

If anyone does Toyota's as well, he has quite a few extra parts. Several axles, a few engines, trannys, and t-cases too. PM and I'll get you his info.

Last edited:

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey look! I have two 'green blips' now! Thanks man!:yahoo:

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Uhhhh.... no clue. :D

Hey I find it extremely unfair that your fenders have like no rust on them. The bottom mount is almost non existent on mine!

Last edited:

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
Hey I find it extremely unfair that your fenders have like no rust on them. The bottom mount is almost non existent on mine!
I feel like mine makes up for it in other places. :icon_thumby: For instance, the frame cross member between the rear cab mount is almost nonexistent in places, and look at my radiator core support. That doesn't even need words.

If it makes you feel any better, the bolts in those bottom holes don't have much in the way threads left. :icon_cheers:

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Haha that's true. At least you have bolts on the bottom, mine just sorta fell apart... with a little help from an air grinder:D

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
Haha that's true. At least you have bolts on the bottom, mine just sorta fell apart... with a little help from an air grinder:D
My 2 front bed bolts need that help. And all the rivets to get the factory brackets off the frame... Wanna bring your grinder down and help? I am only a hop, skip, and a long ass plane ride from Utah. Although, I am suppose to be in Salt Lake City for work at the end of July. :icon_rofl: No wonder I can't get anything done. :icon_thumby:

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Haha no offence, but probably not:D What do you do for work?

1badexplorer

Firefighter
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 501, 7.3psd, 351c, 351w
Transmission
Manual
Hey if you are still having trouble with the spring retainer bolts on the axle beam just use a long extension and go through the top of the bucket. thats how I put mine on the last time.

BTW I still never got around to pulling that crossmember out. I've been working on my new toy I bought. :icon_welder:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals