• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Little Green Turd

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
Which
Looks sweet, but 12 shock boots???
BTW I now really want one of those push bars!
Ya, James Duff accidentally sent me 12. I told them I'd gladly ship them back if they'd pay the shipping.

I bought the push bar on craigslist for ilk $40 5 years ago. I sanded it and repainted it, but I have no clue who makes it. I want to build bumpers, so if I decide to sell it, I'll message you. :icon_cheers:

Which truck did you convert to NCG?

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Which

Ya, James Duff accidentally sent me 12. I told them I'd gladly ship them back if they'd pay the shipping.

I bought the push bar on craigslist for ilk $40 5 years ago. I sanded it and repainted it, but I have no clue who makes it. I want to build bumpers, so if I decide to sell it, I'll message you. :icon_cheers:

Which truck did you convert to NCG?
Okay thanks:icon_thumby:
It's the F-150 that's natural gas. It's actually is a factory conversion. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty awesome paying $1:49 a gallon:D

1badexplorer

Firefighter
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 501, 7.3psd, 351c, 351w
Transmission
Manual
Looks good when You going to have it ready. I hear The Westco Trails calling you and Joey's names. :icon_cheers:

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
Looks good when You going to have it ready. I hear The Westco Trails calling you and Joey's names. :icon_cheers:
Ya, if Joey can ever get back from work in Toledo to finish his. I think he has been there three weeks now.... What have you been messing around with lately?

1badexplorer

Firefighter
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ya, if Joey can ever get back from work in Toledo to finish his. I think he has been there three weeks now.... What have you been messing around with lately?
Little bit of everything. I had alot of projects over winter. I'm currently painting my F250. Sould be finished in a few days. Then Goin to start on a custom 3 link front suspension in for my Bronco. Then doing a 4 link rear.

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
Little bit of everything. I had alot of projects over winter. I'm currently painting my F250. Sould be finished in a few days. Then Goin to start on a custom 3 link front suspension in for my Bronco. Then doing a 4 link rear.
Are you going to coil overs with that? Same ride height or lift it more?

1badexplorer

Firefighter
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are you going to coil overs with that? Same ride height or lift it more?
Im using coils and 14" travel shocks. Coils are cheaper plus they are more easily trail repaired when I break them. Same ride height in the rear. I'm raising the front 2" only because my leafs have collapsed that much. We are currently building a similar bronco for my dad to run. We used my 3 link design on his and it has awesome flex.

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I like that its not a matter of if, but when.

I am excited to get up to West Co. What weekends are you guys having events this year?

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I'm going to work on the Ranger all this weekend.

From my house, I did a little sanding and painting.

I am going to do the drive shaft with a black and blue spiral. Its a work in progress:

Cleaned up the skidplate:

And on another note, I was at my local Sears and Appliance yesterday and I stumbled on quite the bargain. I got 10 of those big Gearwrench ratcheting combos (non-reversible). The were marked down to $1.97 each. A few are duplicates, oh well... lol. I also got the standard and metric Cross-Force reversible ratcheting sets, originally $125 each, marked down to $39.97 a piece.

Check sears store for these if you are in the tool market! The tag on the shelf said the sale price was from 4/12 to 4/28 and the guy at the store said it was not a mistake. Hope someone else can get lucky! :icon_cheers:

More Ranger pictures to follow on Sunday.

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
Well I had to cut the mounts for the leafs off thanks to the mixture of water, salt, rubber, and steel.

This little bugger caused me a lot of aggravation.... :annoyed:

After a go with some oxyacetelane to coax the bushings, the came right out... :icon_cheers:

And here are the remains:

I am currently painting the leafs and brackets. On my next trip home, I need to cut off the rear shackle mounts for the same purpose.

When I reassemble these, the bushings will get a heavy coat of antisieze in the spring eyes and I am going to make some 9/16" x 4" GR8 greasable bolts for the spring mounts (I thought about GR5, but whats worth doing is worth over doing :thefinger:). Pictures of that to follow when I get to it.

Going to get some new GR8 bolts to mount the brackets back on the frame and I have to drop the gas tank for the drivers side, so a new tank strap will be going in to. LMC wants $380 :thefinger: for it, Autozone wants $18... :icon_cheers:

Gonna sand and paint the rear section of the frame too. May pull the bed off for this, but I don't know how much aggravation I really want to go through.

Does anyone know where to get the plastic spacers for the leafs? Two of the originals are about disintegrated.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
Lovin the Project man , What did you ever do with that head you bought off of me ? And I remember when 1Bad's Bronco was just a Chassis and Engine/Trans/Transfer case with the axles just setting under it with no body on it , that was a long time ago

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
Its still in the garage waiting for its day. My 4 banger is still running strong (relative term) and doesn't burn hardly any oil. When it comes time for an overhaul, I will make the changes. I even have a port and polish kit, but never got around to tinkering.

I am going to update the whole top end with your parts and add a cam. I'd like to squeeze a few ponys out of that little paper weight. I like how that engine is reliable and runs... plus the gas mileage is awesome. I will never get from point A to B the fastest, but I'll have a few extra dollars in pocket when I get there.

1Bad's Explorer/Bronco has come a long way and taken quite a beating in that time (and i've only been on the trails with him twice). He wheels a lot and has put a ton of thought into that monster. It was very well done. I'd love to have something wild like that one day, but I'll settle with my quad and little Ranger for now :icon_cheers:

What have you been working on?

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
Well I got the driveshafts, leaf springs, and front spring brackets painted.

I ordered all the new bolts I need for the project and I am waiting for those to arrive. I hope they are here by Friday, but thats not looking likely. But the price was right, so I can't complain.

This weekend I am going to get the two shackle brackets off to bring home to clean up and then I am going to tear into the front end. Probably gonna start bagging and labeling bolts too before I forget where they go :icon_cheers:

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
Its still in the garage waiting for its day. My 4 banger is still running strong (relative term) and doesn't burn hardly any oil. When it comes time for an overhaul, I will make the changes. I even have a port and polish kit, but never got around to tinkering.

I am going to update the whole top end with your parts and add a cam. I'd like to squeeze a few ponys out of that little paper weight. I like how that engine is reliable and runs... plus the gas mileage is awesome. I will never get from point A to B the fastest, but I'll have a few extra dollars in pocket when I get there.

1Bad's Explorer/Bronco has come a long way and taken quite a beating in that time (and i've only been on the trails with him twice). He wheels a lot and has put a ton of thought into that monster. It was very well done. I'd love to have something wild like that one day, but I'll settle with my quad and little Ranger for now :icon_cheers:

What have you been working on?
Yea , 1Bad's rig is sick , it's been a while since i have been down to his place , it is always a great time going to see him.

as for me , recently i have been working on rebuilding my 97 Supercab that I had when i brought you those parts , it's undergoing quiet the extensive rebuild , cant wait to have it back on the road though. plus I got myself a 98 Explorer for a DD now

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals