• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 94 Ranger Recovery

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Yes fords crapppy idea of a location for an air intake in a 4wd and my fiancee for saying "IS THAT ALL SHE GOTS?" before we hit a mud hole
you should make your fiancée buy you a snorkel.. :D

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Should but she'll tell me the wrong place to put it haha

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic

gearhead51

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks sick!!! good job on the radius arms they look sweet

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Been some time since i updated so heres the low down.
Ran some 35's on her, loved it. Now if i can find someone to trade my like new 33s for 35s ill be set. LOVE the new suspension it rides soooo goood. Just need to push my radius arms forward another inch i think. Finally got some rear shackles to help make it look like a truck, not a baja 1000 truck.

Heres the new shackles for the rear gained 2.5" of lift

Here was a night run in the snow testing the suspension out

Posin with the new shackles on. She is sitting with 11" of lift now, 3" is a BL that is for anticpation for a 303 swap. Yes i know i need 35s

Now to figure out why my truck is cutting out. Going to get a new fuel filter but heres the skinny on how she has ran and what she is doin now.
There always has been a slight miniscute miss or stutter even with the other motor i had. When she is dead cold and i dont give her time to warm up if i SH** stomp it she will cut out and then drive fine. What i mean by cut out is that it acts like i turned the key off then right back on.

Now the other day i was towing a utility trailer and it cruised fine untill i went to pass. It cut out on me hard several times. On the way home it did it again and when i just held the throttle open it died once. Tried starting it and it just cranked bout 10 sec later it started. Now when im driving it cuts out every so often and its been really nice out and i had no trailer on.

Any ideas?? Ive tried a different coil pack, im going to get a fuel filter i pulled mine off and blew it out. hopefully its not a fuel pump

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
To V8 or not to V8, that is the question i been debating hard since my engine problems. Still having no luck fixing the cutting out. Tried replacing sensors cleanin MAF etc but to no avail. Also put a new fuel filter in but no dice. Soo my buddy came up to me saying his friend has an 84? ish bronco with an HO302 auto 4x4 for $400 bucks. Im goin to take a look at it and if i deem it feesable im doin it. I believe i should be able to sell my motor trans and t case to cover the expenses.

Laid of for another 3 weeks so, so im hopin if all goes well i should have somethin figured out and done

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Turns out my cps wires got detached from the block retainer so the wires would move into the belt and it wore the plastic off them ths making them short out. Runs like a champ now.

Worked in my back yard a lil today and found a ditch that i decided to flex in and i wasnt very happy with how little the front flexed.

Also forgot about my coil spacers i made out of some scrap DOM and a set of spare coil seats that i welded that net 2"

Big pics for the haters lol

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Ill have more pics tommorow :icon_welder::icon_welder:

gearhead51

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice! are you gonna rig up the door handle so it works in that spot

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
nice! are you gonna rig up the door handle so it works in that spot
I was but i couldnt get the rod to function correctly. So i did the next best thing, i reused the cable operated interior handle and put it where the door vent was. It works great and from either inside or outside it is comfy to use.

I think im gonna do the other side now so i can do the body work to them together not one at a time. Gonna use some paint match and on the top im gonna bedline them for use as a step if needed

Then i think im just gonna use some 16 guage to make a door panel to make it look a lil better

In my opinion if anyone was to do this like this, cut and fold right above the door handle to retain it and hide the interior cable like shown on mine

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Meh not too much of an update just got some 3" 63's in the rear with no block and beltechs, got her level now. And started fabbing my new front bumper, still have alot to do to it like tieing in the side profile to match fender opening. Sure is a pin to get a good mounting point with a 3" BL.

Im def debating hard on a narrowed 44 swap due to hating the bushing wear on that damn front ttb and alignments

Big pics for the lazy lol

Last edited:

gearhead51

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
bumper gets my vote for being sweet, do the 44

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Hmmm..... what to do

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Man that faq. has good info on narrowing a 44, but it just doesnt tap off with a hammer lol

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Well a lil progress so far.

Got her narrowed and it took alot of cleaning but she looks decent now.

Grabbed a set of 4 wheels off C list for 60 bucks just so i can get this thing closer to go. And if i wouldnt of narrowed the axle i coulda used these wheels and still be at the same width.They are 15X7 3.5" BS

So im debating of upgrading my 8.8 to 4.88 and some sort of locker or just throwing a 9" in there and use these wheels to stay the same width i am now. I just need to research my 8.8 a lil more to see if i need a new carrier seein as i have a L/S 3.73 28 spline.

Here shes all cleaned up almost all assembled

Heres when i bolted the 15x7 wheels on the EB width axle

68.5" to outside of wheel to outside of wheel
My Dana 35 right now with 15x10 3" BS sits at 73.5" outside of rim to outside of rim.
If i would have left her full width, id be only an inch wider than now.

Im thinking about dropping some coin now on the gears for the axle but id rather get the rear done and geared first seein as its gonna be 2wd for a while might as well enjoy gearing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals