• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 94 Ranger Recovery

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Little update i put a new tube bumper i got off my buddys cherokee works for now but as soon as i get access to a bender again im building a new one similar to Kyle M. Santa blessed me early with a set of 4-6" drop brackets so now im on the hunt for some coils. Id like to get 8" ones and run 35's like the guy that sold me the brackets here localy had. This lil truck is quite the snow machine and they recently redid a rock course trail and it did amazing not even lifting a tire. Future mods are gonna be 4.88's and 35s and thats where id like to leave her for a good DD. Well anyhoo heres a couple pics.

Draggin ass but that dont stop it

Also Testing out my buddys '81 Chevota i just built for him with built 327 and full widths

Here u can see the F150 coils and my bilstein shocks off my old 2wd. Good thing the coils dont allow too much uptravel and alot of down travel

Hope ya'll like it ill post more when i get more stuff done to it

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Got me an ac pup from a buddy for free so i built an onboard air setup. Sure was easy to a few builds on explorerforum after aquiring a pressure on off switch for 22 bucks at a local pump shop. Rather suprised it pumps up to 60psi in less than a min in a 2.5 gal tank. Still have to wire in a relay and run a guage inside.

Also got a spare 35 complete hub to hub for 50 bucks and the front section of frame off an 93 explorer. Thinking about trying a cut n turn with those beams if i dont want to use the lift brackets.

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
~Small update~

Got myself a set of 6" SJ coils headed my way from the great state of New Hampshire courtesy of gearhead51 as an early wedding present, Thank you very much. Soon as they show up ill be throwing my drop brackets on and fabbin up new extended RA's. As for rear ill do the chevy 63 swap and go from there to make her level.

Got a canopy for 50 bucks used of craigslist just needs new gas struts. No leaks and its already tinted to match my window tint. Thinkin it will be great for camping and what not.

Mostly workin on my 78 currently after tearin her apart pullin some deauces out.

As you can see i need to level off the rear still

gearhead51

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
no problem, cant wait 2 see em in your rig:icon_cheers:

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Great build man! Truck looks awesome. Congrats on getting married too! I wish you guys the best.

-Denny

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you Gearhead51, you officially made me throw my 78 to the back burner lol

Time to fab some extended Ra's and get some links for a stonecrusher style steering.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
i like it!

one request though, bigger pictures!

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
I would but it puts too big of a pic. They are clickable thumbnales that open in photobucket but il see if i can manage the resize

red_ranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hey i was wondering if you had a hard time aligning your truck after the f150 coils im runnin a winch and some extra bumper and the leveling coils are saggin so im just wonderin if the full size coils are worth it

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
So i got my coils on and drop brackets on last night. Took some DOM and extended my RAs and made new ra brackets got it all mocked up gonna see how it works out after work then burn em in. Took a pair of spare RAs and choppped off 2.5" of the slug so i got plenty inside the tube. Also thre some 1" coil spacers in just cause i like tall stuff. Ill see if i can figure out posting some pics from photobucket via droid.

hey i was wondering if you had a hard time aligning your truck after the f150 coils im runnin a winch and some extra bumper and the leveling coils are saggin so im just wonderin if the full size coils are worth it
I liked them and suprisingly they rode really good. You just have to heat the end up and close the eye a lil more so your retaining washer can hold it. They sat me a smidge above leveling and with the winch it only sagged an inch at the most. I have 3.5 camber bushings and was in spec.

red_ranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
alrite thanks made my mind up im gona throw them in i got the biggest alignment bushing you can get so with the winch should be good im trying to get the same look from my truck as yours keep up the good work:headbang:

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Ok time has tooken too long and i been working way too much and have not spent enough time on the ranger. Lift is on gonna order some coil spacers to put her around 8" just cause the way i like it. Built Extended RA's but i need to heat and invert them just a smidge so i dont rub on em anymore. Also need to get my new brake lines ordered, just pulled stock ones out of mounts for time being. Also put my drop pitman arm on just need to get her in for an alignment.
Also swaped my buddies 35s off his jeep onto the ranger nice casue he has exact same wheels so i know how its going to handle. Gonna go trade my new 33s in for 35s soon.

Sorry for the crappy cell pics, if only the fiancee would have listened and not used the camera at the coast.

This pic was taken before drop arm was installed

Posin with 35s when i was dropping my bike off at my dads

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
so wait... you blamed ford b/c you hydrolocked the motor??? lol i like the way you think! thumbs up! and i'm not even being a smart a$$ lol...

nice ranger!

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
so wait... you blamed ford b/c you hydrolocked the motor??? lol i like the way you think! thumbs up! and i'm not even being a smart a$$ lol...

nice ranger!
Yes fords crapppy idea of a location for an air intake in a 4wd and my fiancee for saying "IS THAT ALL SHE GOTS?" before we hit a mud hole

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals