• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 87 Ranger build!

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well i got some stuff done on my ranger. Got a C.B radio of my father-by-law, FINALLY got around to bolting my bed down. Also found out my little gas problem, why my gas was spitting back out at me.... My gas tank was full!! :icon_twisted: Need a new tank sensor i guess... I may do a body lift on it... Should I?... Thinking maybe 2" not an official body lift from a supplier :D just some hockey pucks. i also got a email from a person with some manifolds that will fit a 2.9. they're just like new he said. $15 for em. Gunna try to get his number and see if he'll deliver for a extra $30. Since i cant get driven anywhere or drive :sad: I'm also going to paint er' a different color. Thinking Flat Army green with satin black racing stripes, and on the bed near the back about 3 to 4 paw prints on each side. Wadda's think about that? Also did some damage to the passenger shock. i still have to bolt them up... Hit a large bump doing 40 and the shock popped out. wieght of the truck bent the place where the shock bolts. And some picage!

My little helper :icon_thumby:

Main problem for the loudness of my truck...
Thats the piping that goes to the cat..

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
God I hope your joking. You can get one for $6 at walmart.. I have three.
Nope :( only one they had left. I had 2 of them laying around but one got burnt in our old van and the other got crushed in my old trail rig when my mother sent it to the scrap yard.

wookie13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4 TRITON V-8
Transmission
Automatic
the mudflaps are gone:icon_rofl:

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Good news everyone! I got a new engine!!! 3.0 out of my Grandfathers 94 Ranger :) Best thing about it... ITS FREE!!!! Here's a vid of the engine running and that. I say it runs pretty good for sitting for 3 years. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Iqb5BUC78 &fs=1" width="644" height="390">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Iqb5BUC78 &fs=1" />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Iqb5BUC78 ">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Iqb5BUC78

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Either my computer is dumb or it didn't post the video link.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No :p, I was trying to fix the super high idle prob. cleaned the butterfly with brake cleaner and that.
Ford uses Teflon on throttle bodies... You should only use teflon safe TB cleaner.. Atleast that is what a Ford Tech told me......

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ford uses Teflon on throttle bodies... You should only use teflon safe TB cleaner.. Atleast that is what a Ford Tech told me......
Well, I cant get to no major places with that kinda stuff. just the gas station across the street =/ Anyways, Ford tech's just tell you that so you'll buy more of their products

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, just a little update. Cant get much done on the ranger since i moved and the truck is still out the country. got the GY Trackers on it now but have to take them off, the rim is too small on the front and locks up the front calipers :(, But i now know the look im going for on it, im going pure pre-runner.
Needa find 4 shocks, passenger side axle shaft for a Dana 28, May be getting a new 2.9 soon. and i needa get some subwoofers and hook up my CD player and 750 Watt amp :yahoo:

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
updatd pic!!
gasp! tires aren on it no more. selling them and geting a parts truck sooon hopefuly :icon_welder:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
lol on your youtube video you sound like a newfie talking lol

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Flex shots :icon_surprised: Good or bad? :bawling: bed is not boltd down fuly and it was a pritty big hill...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals