• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 87 Ranger build!

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
lol, well i wont be driving it until april, but my mom is gunna use it over the winter to haul our snow mobiles n stuff, and another note. if you live in the halifax area and see this guy on kijiji with a crap load of rbv parts... DONT buy off him! He is a jerk and he is over priced! $600 for a auto tranny with a cracked case!... can someone say OVERKILLL

Last edited:

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well I FINALLY FOUND A TRANSMISSION! for $70! :shok: the guy said he'll have it and my fender off in the next couple of days. So stay tuned for more info! :D

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I would patch the holes with sheet metal, the body filler won't last long. Fiber glassing would be a better option then the body filler too. I would just leave her a gen 2 ranger myself. If your replacing your tranny, I'd put a manual tranny in her.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I would patch the holes with sheet metal, the body filler won't last long. Fiber glassing would be a better option then the body filler too. I would just leave her a gen 2 ranger myself. If your replacing your tranny, I'd put a manual tranny in her.
Well, I dont have a welder or any thing of the such, so body fill is the best i can do for now, until i do get a welder, once i get a welder i'll just replace the whole floor pan. and i'd love to make her a manual , but i cant find any manual tranny's or manual parts trucks around here. Best i can find is a auto tranny from a guy who live 10 mins from me for $70. Once i fix this one up to a decent state, I may sell it and buy another that is a 3rd gen. Cause i dont have the owner ship papers for this and the old owner is too much of a a**hole to find them for me. I called him 2 days ago and asked him if he had found them and he said "Well you didnt call back so i didnt f*cking bother" and hung up on me. he told me he'd call me back when he had found them but didnt... :pissedoff:

Last edited:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Then I wouldn't touch the truck with a 10ft pole, let alone have bought it until the papers were in front of me ready to be put in hand. Right now, your fixing his truck.

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, this weekend coming up im going into the DMV to have new ownership papers made. he gave my the license plate permit and wrote on the back "I David Pyke sold my 1992 Ford Ranger to Justin ___ ______ for $50 for parts."
I really paid $750 for it... i got too excited when i went there to get it, plus it was the only cheap ranger left around here. Rest are 4K+ I could only get $800. And the ranger may be getting put on hold... or sold.... My dad and I found a old 85 Chevy we may buy... I love rangers, but the old 73-87 Chevys just suck me right in. but dont worry if i do sell it I'll prolly buy another after the summer. a 2wd one to make into a true pre-runner.

Last edited:

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, i cant get the chevy so... i may still be keeping the ranger.. I need to fix it..the snow is falling now and its driving me crazy! I wanna go out and bash through some snowbanks! I think the problem with my transmission May be the front seal... and the hard starting is the plugs. the fuel pump works fine. so im betting its the plugs. and since the fluid is leaking from the back of the bell housing im saying it may be the seal... Does that sound right to you guys? and my dad is saying that by moving it around the yard with the transmission like it is, i have completely F*CKED it... but thats coming from a guy who knows absolutely nothing about vehicles...

Last edited:

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, i found a parts truck that just fits my budget... its a 88" bronco II. has a 5spd in it. the body is getting bad, and the oilpan is rotten... But all i want is the tranny and a few other odds and ends. the guy told me he wanted $200 for it, then i asked if he'd take $140 [which is all the money i got] and he said yes, i may try to beat him down to $100... but this Saturday after i have some fun at my dads new shop i'll be going to look at it :), in other news about the shop.... it used to be a motorbike,atv,and snowmobile shop. the old owner sold it to my dad with all the parts that he had left in it!! tires,engines,fenders,whole bikes,rims,brakes,chains, everything!! So, im going to go take a look and see whats there that i can use on my "other" project :p I'll post some pics tomoro of my other project when i get home from school tomoro. but i'll tell you what it is. Its a 1978 honda XL75 that i pulled out of a junk pile. i gave it a quick shot of paint, rebuilt the carb with another one i had, threw on a nice new back tire off the parts bike that i got with it, and drove it around for a bit, but after hitting a few bumps the old chain didnt like that and snapped :( so i had a nice long walk home... i'm lucky the bike is light :D so, tomoro i'm gunna go get what parts i can from there. like a chain,axle bolt, carb,exhaust, and a gastank hopefully. since the one on my bike is EXTREMELY rusty inside :annoyed: but the bike was free so... i cant really complain.
Here's a few pics of the ranger how it sits now.

If you noticed i painted the bumper black :icon_bounceblue:

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Wells.... i may be getting another ranger :thefinger: its a old brown one we had... the timing belt broke so my dad gave it to his friend who has had it for about a year now.. but, i asked my dad if he could see if he can get it back, so he's going to talk to his friend and see what he wants for it. he just redid all the floors,bed,new tires,exhaust,heater core and controls, did all the engine work, new glass-pack exhaust, and reinforced the frame in sections where it was weak. its a beige 1996 2wd Ranger 5spd 2.3, swb. reg cab and when we had it... it was a BLAST to drive! it was so preppy!, so if i do get it I'll be selling the green ranger, and putting the money i get from that into the beige ranger.. what i would do to it 1st is paint it... just rattle can, or roller paint. I'd paint it a nice blue, or black. but i probably will get it... since my dads friend never uses it. he has a little black car he uses all the time and the truck just sits in his yard. So, keep your fingers crossed for me! i really hope i get this truck back, cause out of the 20+ trucks we've owned.. that was the funnest to drive. it's the truck i learned how to drive in the winter in, how to drive a standard, and how to get unstuck with a 2wd. it may be small but it is extremely powerful! But if i do get it I'll keep the aluminum rims on the green ranger, and put the old steel ones on it. but that means i need to find another 2 aluminum rims :annoyed: and the push bar, as well as my CB,and antenna. And whats a cheap way to level out a 2wd 3rd gen ranger? so it kinda looks like a 4x4's height? I'll try to get some pics tomorrow :icon_bounceblue:

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, i dont think my dad is gunna try to get back the old ranger.... but i have found a 96 Mazda B2300 for $200 thats still inspected. needs a starter and a small crack in the frame welded. I'm going to try and get it tomoro after school :) I hope its the 3.0L V6... Then i can get a starter off my Grandfathers truck. It has 202000km's And is a 2wd 5spd. So we will see tomoro. And will a front clip off a ranger fit a mazda?.. I think it should right?

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Man, can't keep up with you!

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
:p Well im told one thing then another so, it gets really confusing :dunno: But this truck im positive im getting, cause im paying with my own money.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well i never got to get the truck today... due to coming home sick as a dog :bawling: Plus it was too dark out... I'll try to get it on Friday or Saturday..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals