• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mechanical Guage Install Help

dukeman2251

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So i picked up a triple set of mechanical gauges for my 91 ranger 2wd, 8 plug, 2.3. I have water, oil, and volts but i am stumped on where to plum and wire them in. The temp sensor i was just going to T off of the ECT location but if that messed with the computer i will just T it off a heater hose. I was also wondering if there was another spot on my block to hook my oil gauge other that the original swith location (pain in the a$$ to get to). And finally on my alternator i cannot figure out with wire to tap into for my volt gauge. I have a 3 plug and 2 plug both leaving the alternator case. I have looked all over and cannot find any of this info so any help would be great. thanks!

fyre82

Firefighter
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/4.0
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
9" on the 2000, 6" on the '88
Tire Size
265/75/16, 31x10.50x15
My credo
The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals