• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

DailyDriven'07

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Motor swap has begun!

Plans for the motor are pretty simple: couple new gaskets, 60 lb injectors, 2.8 pulley, option b, dual pass endplate, phenolic intake spacer, make or modify a header, and engine mounts from a solstice. And yes I will retain ac.

Transmission I'm using is a R154 from a 1JZ supra. I didn't use an MA5 from a Colorado or Solstice due to them being fairly non existent in my area and this trans was sitting in the shop already. I'm using the bellhousing from a Solstice to mate the engine and transmission. I plan on using a vss sensor from jagsthatrun.com to produce a 4 pulse sine wave. I have to change the front bearing retainer on the R154 to the one found on a MA5 in order to mount the slave cylinder. The clutch I'm using is the GMPP LSJ one.

For the fuel system I've got a fuel cell, walboro 255lph in line pump, LS1 corvette filter/regulator, -6an line and fittings. For exhaust I'll probably run 3" with a resonator and quiet factory style muffler. I'm doing all the wiring myself, I'm using the factory PCM with VATS disabled.

There's plenty I've skipped but that gives you an idea of what I've got going on. I'll update later to document my progress to date, but I did get the engine mounted. It surprisingly mounted on the stock ranger mounts.

[/QUOTE]

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Whatever happened to this?

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Whatever happened to this?
It's over halfway through the engine swap Jim. Wasn't too much interest here it seemed when I started the swap. I have been keeping pics and details on the swap that I'll share here soon. The engine is mounted, transmission is mounted, heater houses plummed, 5spd swap complete, clutch system made and routed, supercharger inlet cut, wiring harness under construction, and waiting on overtime Funds to start coming in next week so I can order my fuel cell and last bit of stuff for my oil cooler setup.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Whats going on with the 94, is it dead? SVT about to get a second V8 swap, lol...

SVT

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Whats going on with the 94, is it dead? SVT about to get a second V8 swap, lol...

SVT
94 is alive and well with its 4.0. I had it completely done less than a few days and had an offer I couldn't refuse on the d35 so I sold it. So the 94 is sitting in the driveway in the air waiting for me to decide between a sas or d44 ttb setup. Oh an I put the glass fenders on so either way I'll be increasing the trac width. I can't keep up with you rick! I play with my jeeps too much lol

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Looks like a lot of work. You will have a one of a kind Ranger for sure. What was it about the FR500 wheels that you didn't like ? They sure looked great.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Looks like a lot of work. You will have a one of a kind Ranger for sure. What was it about the FR500 wheels that you didn't like ? They sure looked great.
I loved the rear wheels. I could never get the front to grow on me due to the lack of a lip/offset. I'll probably end up with another set. If I do I'll order 2 sets of rears

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
This motor runs like its got 50k on the clock, but rust is eating the passenger side so bad that #3 spark plug rusted to the head. So I'm pulling this engine and installing my mustang motor with the M122 on top of it. I have in my collection a teksid that i will be building to ultimately reside in SVT's new frame/suspension/axle setup. Hope to get started on that this summer...

SVT

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals