• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

DailyDriven'07

ShotnVA777

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
This is guna be sick....!!!!

I saw a guy with a 2.3L (Duratec?) (STOCK), keep up with a guy running a S/C on a 2.3L Ranger though one time on Youtube? I'll try to find the video...

(Could've just been some BS though!

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Once I pulley down I'll be around 300whp an 275tq. Some setup I'm my car did a best of 13.6 at 119mph on street tires. According to my math my truck should weigh with 300lbs of the same weight. And I was getting 37mpg!

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What are your plans for the trans? Sky/Solstice 6 speed?

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
The sky/solstice is 5spd. I'm planning on running a Colorado 5spd. Same as the sky asin ma5 but shifter location is 3" or so closer to bell

ShotnVA777

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
THIS is what I was referring to.... But I don't THINK that pup is pushing much PSI, as the stock ranger even PULLED on him (off gate!) - even though it sounds like a 2003 Cobra!!!!!! LOL....

Supercharged Ranger 4.0 vs Ranger 4.0:
http://youtu.be/9iE7ErRKMRg

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Oh yeah. I'll have that beat for sure! And change of plans, I will pulley down from the getgo.I have to send my pcm to zzp performance to get VATS removed anyways so I'll get the whole deal and get a canned tuneto get me on the road

ShotnVA777

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Oh yeah. I'll have that beat for sure! And change of plans, I will pulley down from the getgo.I have to send my pcm to zzp performance to get VATS removed anyways so I'll get the whole deal and get a canned tuneto get me on the road
I would assume so, all the work your putting into this "baby"!

I'm not sure what was up with that truck, but it was a STRAIGHT turd for be a 4.0 S/C!?!?

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Idk..video seems about right to me. Some motors dont seem to take to boost like others.

ShotnVA777

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Idk..video seems about right to me. Some motors dont seem to take to boost like others.
It seems "right" that a stock 4.0 pulled on him HARD in an automatic and then dude SLOWLY passes them and.... BRAKESSSSSSS! LOL?

I don't know man... A T-Bird Motor in a Ranger would've blown that things doors off! :icon_confused:

ShotnVA777

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Then again... He's probably on stock internals and about 6lbs of boost! Lol... That's what it looks like to me.

IMO - EBAY BOLT ON!

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
I'd say everything stock and maybe wheel spin and or not knowing how to launch? Slipping clutch? Or I dunno I'm trying to remain positive for him lol

ShotnVA777

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I say everything stock and maybe wheel spin and or not knowing how to launch? Slipping clutch? Or I dunno I'm trying to remain positive for him lol
Lmao... all u CAN DO! (He barked second though, so I rule out clutch - Ha!)

Lets just say everything stock - Egay Bolt on - can't drive and wheel spin! Lol

.... Yours will be MUCH better and have a MUCH MORE "cool factor"!!!

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Tiny progress report. Not much done. I'm working 11 on 3 off till June to make some extra cash for the build.

Anyways. Sold the bride seats. Picking up a set of black leather seats from a cobalt ss with red inserts. Scored a used gmpp clutch and flywheel kit second hand with 15k miles on it. Ships tomorrow. There's a package waiting at home for me with a spare valve cover so I can properly set up ccv, a sensor I was missing, and the electric gas pedal I need. Sending pcm off this weekend to get the canned tune flashed and vats disabled, ordering smaller sc pulley, larger injectors, smaller belt, Sc coupler, and whatever else I see lol.

After this weekend the only parts remaining on the to buy list are transmission, ranger clutch pedal assy, and exhaust

ShotnVA777

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Tiny progress report. Not much done. I'm working 11 on 3 off till June to make some extra cash for the build.

Anyways. Sold the bride seats. Picking up a set of black leather seats from a cobalt ss with red inserts. Scored a used gmpp clutch and flywheel kit second hand with 15k miles on it. Ships tomorrow. There's a package waiting at home for me with a spare valve cover so I can properly set up ccv, a sensor I was missing, and the electric gas pedal I need. Sending pcm off this weekend to get the canned tune flashed and vats disabled, ordering smaller sc pulley, larger injectors, smaller belt, Sc coupler, and whatever else I see lol.

After this weekend the only parts remaining on the to buy list are transmission, ranger clutch pedal assy, and exhaust
That's awesome... I'm right there with ya buddy! I picked up my front mount today (which is 3 STOCK 2.3L Turbo Intercoolers, just welded together, to make a unique and very effecient front mount.) All I need is the piping and LAST BUT NOT LEAST, the LA3 ECU (I'm going to have it tuned by Stinger - I just "inherited" quite a bit of cash, so that's going to REALLY help finish this build I've got going! ALL while making it better than previously PLANNED as well!).

Anyways, I'm also thinking of buying a 1986 Mustang SVO (with a TON of little goodies!!!) for a mere $1000. Its in great condition too AND runs?! Not well, but that's nothing I can't solve... The damn thing DRIVES PERFECTLY, just cant "get into her"!!!! LOL...

Back on topic sorry for "thread jacking", not intended!

CONGRATS! LETS SEE SOME PHOTOS!!!! I'LL BE UPLOADING SOME HERE IN A BIT AS WELL!!! :headbang: :icon_thumby:

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
We're gonna have to meet up one day when we get these beasts "together" haha.

Updates...parts steadily coming In the mail. New seats mounted. Scored a clutch pedal assy a the jy. Thinking I'm going to run an electric ps setup from a 91-95 Toyota mr2 since my engine doesn't readily accept a ps pump. Looking into that now. Installed a explorer 31spline rear with 4.10s. Also redid my tablet and made it remove able.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals