• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

DailyDriven'07

ShotnVA777

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for all the compliments! Yeah id say no problems with 15x8s long as you're mindful to tire width up front. I won't powdercoat the stockers; just plastidip to determine which color I like best. Then I think I may be getting some diamond racing 15x8 and 15x10 come spring. I like the look better with 15s.

Oh and here are some photos from my phone I forgot I had. Also forgot to mention I changed my head unit out for a nexus tablet. I have it set up so it comes on and off with the key and lots of other cool stuff
You SERIOUSLY cannot beat some Diamond Racing 15x8's! I think I may run 15x10's out back and 15x8's up front! You think that would be good for handling (track) purposes? I'm thinking maybe 15x8's around for handling purposes honestly, maybe with a little pokey out back... :)

BigggT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
i have to ask. HOW DID YOU GET THE CENTER CONSOLE IN THERE! where did you get it out of and did you have to modify it at all? i REALLY want one in my 05 ranger.

428CJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This is a sweet truck man, nice work. I love fr500's too. Besides 18 inch saleens, probably my favorite mustang wheels. I was back and forth between fr's and saleens on my old fox for when I converted to 5 lug, but I never got that far lol. I dig the seats too. I think some black chrome fr500's would look tits on a white truck like yours.

Nick P

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey man, I love what you've done with your ranger. I bought a 2008 recently and after looking at your truck pics, man... I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!

You see... I've always been a mud / snow thumper. A nice big tire and mud grabbers is what really gets me going, but man I gotta say after seeing your pics, i don't know if i want to lift my ranger, or lower it! I already have a subwoofer installed in the back haha, maybe i should keep pimpin' it out and lower it!

I am new to lifting/lowering, so I do have a question for you or others that my come across this... Are torsion keys the only thing I will be needing to invest in for this? Or will
I need to get spacers or something to level it out?

Thanks for reading, and keep up the good work! :D

Last edited:

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Hey man, I love what you've done with your ranger. I bought a 2008 recently and after looking at your truck pics, man... I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!

You see... I've always been a mud / snow thumper. A nice big tire and mud grabbers is what really gets me going, but man I gotta say after seeing your pics, i don't know if i want to lift my ranger, or lower it! I already have a subwoofer installed in the back haha, maybe i should keep pimpin' it out and lower it!

I am new to lifting/lowering, so I do have a question for you or others that my come across this... Are torsion keys the only thing I will be needing to invest in for this? Or will
I need to get spacers or something to level it out?

Thanks for reading, and keep up the good work! :D

Thanks! No torsion keys or anything required since my truck is a coil sprung 2wd unlike the edge and sport trims.

Truck hit 207k miles today! I'm slowly gathering parts for a motor swap. I reveal that shortly. Hitting the junkyard up this weekend for 5spd swap parts for the asin ma5
Transmission I'll be using:icon_thumby:

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Few updates on the truck:
-sold the fr500s
-added explorer ohc and lighted visors
-hit a dog and fubared the bumper so I replaced the lower bumper, added fog lights, and plastidipped the upper bumper

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Teaser

Last edited:

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Yeah man. Whole new drive train. Supercharged 4cyl. That bellhousing came from a Pontiac solstice/Saturn sky. Took me FOREVER to get my hands on it. I just got it in this week so I was pretty excited about it. I've had the motor for the swap for a few months but I haven't shared much info here on it because the ford community is going to bash and disown me lol

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Is that an M62, or the 45? That thing looks like an air filter compared to mine, lol

SVT

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ecotec swap huh? Should be interesting.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Svt yeah its a baby, m62.

Stmitch, you got it. 2.0l ecotec lsj from a 2007 cobalt ss/sc. Never heard of an ecotec going in any other truck minus a handful of s10s. And even in those only 1 was the supercharged motor and he couldn't get the supercharger to clear the firewall so he removed it. Test measuring shows I should be fine but if not I have ways around it.

For the initial swap phase 1 I won't pulley down or anything. Just want to get the swap in and bugs worked out first. Will be running the stock cooling system, ac condenser, and heat exchanger setup from the donor car. The engine will run off the factory gm pcm. I'm attempting to make the harness "standalone" like is common in lsx setups, it think I've done my research and have it figured out. Ranger ecm will remain intact as to communicate with sjb and cluster which I want to try and retain.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Svt yeah its a baby, m62.

Stmitch, you got it. 2.0l ecotec lsj from a 2007 cobalt ss/sc. Never heard of an ecotec going in any other truck minus a handful of s10s. And even in those only 1 was the supercharged motor and he couldn't get the supercharger to clear the firewall so he removed it. Test measuring shows I should be fine but if not I have ways around it.

For the initial swap phase 1 I won't pulley down or anything. Just want to get the swap in and bugs worked out first. Will be running the stock cooling system, ac condenser, and heat exchanger setup from the donor car. The engine will run off the factory gm pcm. I'm attempting to make the harness "standalone" like is common in lsx setups, it think I've done my research and have it figured out. Ranger ecm will remain intact as to communicate with sjb and cluster which I want to try and retain.

ShotnVA777

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Dbl post? Lol jk... Bump for a cool ass setup/build!

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Weekend updates...wheels plastidipped black for now, bellhousing had to be clearanced to clear bolt on the oil cooler, bellhousing successfully mated to engine, supercharger torn down to have new coupler and such replaced, started polishing supercharger. I hate polishing rough aluminum.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals