• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Best way to....

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Catch a peeping Tom?

Heres the story:

So the last week or so a friend from work has been visited by a peeping Tom almost every night. Her and her roommate live in a basement apartment which isn't below ground, so all the windows you can looking into easily because they are full sized. We have them all covered up so you can't see in. Last weekend when the girls went away they came back to their bedroom window open, so we put some boards in all the windows so they can't be open.

But for the life of us we can't catch the guy! The guy has to be watching the house quite often because as soon as me and my friends leave within 3 minutes he well either bash on the door, scratch at a window or whatnot. Now I've made a 2 minute drive back to the house in under 45 seconds to see nothing, no one on the roads anywhere, we search the area and no tracks or anything...The guy is pretty good at this game I must say.

Now if my truck is around (yes the Ranger is gonna save the day!) he wont go near the house, I stay the night with them and not a sound from outside..If I'm or the truck is nowhere to be seen stuff happens. So whats the best way to catch him doing this? We will put up some cameras when we have the money to, but until then its usually me hiding in the truck somewheres waiting for a call that hes at the house.

Any ideas? Can't be deadly ideas either because then we go to jail lol. Oh, the cops told me and my friends that we have permission to tackle the guy and hold him on the spot as long as we don't knock him out or put him in a coma :headbang:

nate09

Reaction score
talk to the neighbors perhaps? ask if they have seen anyone around or if you can hang out there and keep an eye out.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Get some off the biggest zip-ties you can, use them for handcuffs. I suggest sneaking another guy in, someone GOOD with firearms and good at being very, very intimidating, and having him wait with a shotgun and the zipties. Then, the rest of you leave and he waits in the dark for the punk, and puts him at point-blank and zip-ties him hog-tied, and then you wait for the cops.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
hide in a neighbors house and leave your truck in another place. and keep a teaser gun in hand lol

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
{Quote from previous replyOh, the cops told me and my friends that we have permission to tackle the guy and hold him on the spot as long as we don't knock him out or put him in a coma }

Yep......that's great advice....does the peeping Tom have the same permission to tackle one of the girls in THEIR own house as long as he doesn't put her in a coma???!!!

Why does the law always seem to make the victim defenseless??????

Guess which one needs to be the Peeper....:buttkick:

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
The problem with the neighbors is...Well their never home, the upstairs ones leave for a few weeks at a time, and the ones to the side I've never seen home even during the night.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
hide on the roof lol or if u have gutters put a deer camera in one with a hole so he cant see it and it will take a pic of him

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
id take the truck elsewhere and wait somewhere dark. buy a camo suit at walmart (halloween time) and sit and wait. eventually he will show up.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
pungi sticks all around the windows. make sure the tips have dog crap on them. nothing like a good puncture wound and infection to the foot...

AJ

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
pungi sticks all around the windows. make sure the tips have dog crap on them. nothing like a good puncture wound and infection to the foot...

AJ
:Di like.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Maybe borrow someone else's vehicle and park up the street to survey the scene? And if you see him sprint like a motherfvcker, tackle him and use zipties to cuff him. Get that creep of the street and behind bars.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
deal with it hard and fast. don't let the justice system pamper him.

severely beat this person, its not done right if bones remain intact. don't let those girls end up on the news

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
mmmmm sounds like they just want you to come over and see them.....console them....... haha jp. you could park the truck and walk back to the apartment just do your own ninja stuff

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
You need to set up a sting. Find a place to hide outside the house. Bushes, a tree, laying prone out in the yard and be very still, etc. Buy black clothes, or BDUs or something. Jungle BDU is my preference because they are dark and will break up your outline. I have lain in fields at night (playing Capture the Flag or other such games after dark) while people (both my team and the other) walk close enough to me that I can grab their ankles and they didn't see me, dressed in Jungle BDU.

Get in there without your truck, find your hiding spot, and then "leave" shortly after dark. Lay in your spot until he makes a move, and then do your thing.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I caught a prowler once in California who was peeking in on my buddy's younger nieces when I was stationed in Coronado back in the 80's. We found the spot the guy liked to kneel down and peeked at her room (lower room like your place). I set up a booby trap (only at night since somebody else could have been hurt). I went back over there just as it got dark and placed a small humane animal trap out side her window and hid it in some tree leafs. The kind that just clamp down and grips but does not tear up bone and tissue. We got the guy on the forth night. I herd him screaming and I jumped on him and my buddy put a burlap bag over him and we held him down. I told him I had a shotgun aimed at his head ( I did not) and he did not move a muscle. We found out that he was packing a S&W 45 and had to hunting knifes on him as well. The MP's came out and took him away. It turned out that his dad was one of my commanders!! How about that??

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals