• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2011 Ford ranger buildup

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
I've been looking to do a SAS(solid axel swap) and make it 4x4. I've taken it to a few off-road shops and you're looking at about 5-6 grand. I don't know what there are for shops in CB but in kentville N's there's a place called valley tire, theyshould be able to do it if you can't find anywhere..

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Why not just put a solid axle under it?

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Why not just put a solid axle under it?
Well, I kinda want to make it look like a Fx4 Level II. Mabey with 1.5" lift at the most. mainly just want 4x4 for the winters and light wheeling.

Look I'm going for now.

Last edited:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
IF I was to spend the money for a 4x4 swap... It'd have to be money well spent which = sas.. IMO. however, you can't do just a 1.5" lift on a sas, I don't think..

mitch4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
For the amount of money to make it a 4wheel drive would be pretty expensive. The amount of parts alone would be an arm long. But then again crazier things have been done!
I have a set of 32's well 265 75 16 on my truck and I did notice a difference in mileage not enough to make me sick, but enough for me to cringe when the gas prices go up every week(yay nova scotia:yahoo: ...:sad: ). Where did you happen to get those rims on your truck, are they new or used?

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
For the amount of money to make it a 4wheel drive would be pretty expensive. The amount of parts alone would be an arm long. But then again crazier things have been done!
I have a set of 32's well 265 75 16 on my truck and I did notice a difference in mileage not enough to make me sick, but enough for me to cringe when the gas prices go up every week(yay nova scotia:yahoo: ...:sad: ). Where did you happen to get those rims on your truck, are they new or used?
I'm a high school student who drives 200kms a day, so mpg matters a bit to me lol, I bought the rims brand new at Island tire in Sydney for $600. taxes,centers,and lugnuts included. I'm expecting for it to cost well into tha $10,000 range, so... It sounds crazy to do it. But I'm stuck with the truck for awhile, I'm not allowed to trade it in, on a 4x4 or anything. so, I'd like to see if i can make it how I want it to be over the next while. [Obviously this would ALL be happening after i get situated in life and have a job and stuff.

mitch4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you still want to give it that cool factor, there is a lot of guys lifting the 2 wheel drives and making them into a baja type rig. But I would imagine the warranty would not approve.

Also 600 all in is a pretty good deal, as sometimes those lug nuts cost a small fortune.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If you still want to give it that cool factor, there is a lot of guys lifting the 2 wheel drives and making them into a baja type rig. But I would imagine the warranty would not approve.

Also 600 all in is a pretty good deal, as sometimes those lug nuts cost a small fortune.
Yea, I'm kind of planning on going that route for now, But I'd really like 4x4 for the shitty NS winters One day: "Yay its nice and sunny!" Next day *pomf* 3ft of snow :annoyed: I just bought a set of 31" Kumho mud terrains, Getting them installed, thursday and cranking my T-bars, then monday it gets re-aligned.

scott5640

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
do a spindle lift with a body lift and run 35s. youll be fine in 3 feet of snow with weight in the bed and knowing how to drive properly in it

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Just a few pics of how my truck currently looks:

31 Kumho Mud terrains and Cranked T-bars. :p

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Looks good man!

You should get some Plasti-dip and paint it to look like the FX4, I've wanted to do that just for the fun of it.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Looks good man!

You should get some Plasti-dip and paint it to look like the FX4, I've wanted to do that just for the fun of it.
I've been trying to find plastidip but can't find it anywhere:( I also bought a set of 31kelly safaris since my kumhos are scalloped badly and make the truck shake realllly bad. Oh and where could I look to find some plastidip?

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For 10gs you could buy another nice 4x4, it would be a waste to make that 4wd

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Home hardware from what I hear.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Home hardware from what I hear.
Hm, I'll have to check it out! Good thing home hardware is at the end of my street :icon_rofl: Also got two of my Safari's on today they ride sooooo much smoother :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals