• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2011 Ford ranger buildup

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, the 32's are going.I tryed two on the truck for a day [on the back] and it cut my mpg in half! :shok: So I'm going to see about either a set of 30s or 31"s tomorrow. Also took the rollbar out of the back since it was so rusty. I've been trying to get the pictures off my camera but my computer says it needs to format it. I try to format it and windows say's i cant :annoyed: I'll firgure out something tomorrow....

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I wouldn't think 32's would change it that much. I went from 29's to 32.5's and lost like 5 mpgs tho till I regeared..so I guess so. find a nice set of TRUE 30's that actually measure 30" when mounted up. They'll look fine.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't think 32's would change it that much. I went from 29's to 32.5's and lost like 5 mpgs tho till I regeared..so I guess so. find a nice set of TRUE 30's that actually measure 30" when mounted up. They'll look fine.
I'll be getting a set of 30x9.50x15 Wildcat allterrain LT's For a trade for my 32"s and I'm also gettning a extra $150.

InsaneRedRooster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Wheres the pics?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Those rims look good on there!

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Those rims look good on there!
Thanks! I also just found out I can crank my T-bars without voiding my warranty, and I may have found a nice new set of 31"s to replace the 30"s... [two are quite worn...] Any ideas on what I can do next? I was thinking the black style headlights and tinting my taillights, aswell as painting the grille and raised hood part in gloss black plasti dip [is that stuff any good?...]

Last edited:

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
black headlights look awesome. From what I've seen plastidip is pretty sweet, i might do my rims with it just for fun.

The 2wds are easy to lift , shackles are pretty cheap , go to the JY and get some 2" blocks for the rear..

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Very ticked off. Someone at school hit my truck with the door of their car and left a nice dent and took some paint... Then someone kicked my door and left a shoe print! How would I go about fixing the dent and paint chip?? Would duplicolor color match spray paint work?

Kingoverace

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
EFI 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
eww...Its hard to say without seeing the dent. Even with a Colormatched duplicolor, you'd still see a difference in paint without sanding down. It'll never blend right. touchup could hide scrathes but I'd guess your dealing with a bigger issue. If your looking for a temporary fix, I guess you'd have to get some paint on there ASAP before rust starts. And If I had to use a rattlecan, I would def stick with Duplicolor.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I may be buying a set of 31" Kelly Safari TSL's soon. But how many turns would i have to turn my T-bar bolts to make it look right? I dont want it to look low with stuffed fenders...

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have a bit of a insane question... If i took my truck to ford next summer, or the summer after that, [a.k.a by the time i get some money] Would they be able to make it a 4x4 for me?... I dont care about cost. I'm just kind of regretting now not getting a 4x4, and not thinking about our shitty winters... And I'm not allowed trading it in on a 4x4 so... yea, would they be able to do it?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I have a bit of a insane question... If i took my truck to ford next summer, or the summer after that, [a.k.a by the time i get some money] Would they be able to make it a 4x4 for me?... I dont care about cost. I'm just kind of regretting now not getting a 4x4, and not thinking about our shitty winters... And I'm not allowed trading it in on a 4x4 so... yea, would they be able to do it?
I highly doubt that they'd do it... you'd be better off taking it to a customization shop (like Spyder Offroad! in Horn Lake, MS :icon_rofl:) and letting them take care of it.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I highly doubt that they'd do it... you'd be better off taking it to a customization shop (like Spyder Offroad! in Horn Lake, MS :icon_rofl:) and letting them take care of it.
Well, would it be better to just find a wrecked 4x4 And swap it over?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals