• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1 Ton Ranger Build

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
user cp
group subscriptions or something like that, then click on the banners you want.

I dunno if you have to be a supporter or not

1slow5oh

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
Ill start with a funny story.....funny because I only spend $75 dollars on my bald 39.5's....About 2 weeks after my back accident, I was filling up my tires because 2 have slow leaks, well I have a clip on chuck, clipped it on, walked away went and changed out some laundry and my dad asked me something upstairs so I totally forgot about my tires at this point......so were standing on the deck about 50 feet away from the truck and BOOOOOOM!......truck jumps and well.....tires junk.....So from about 10psi to whatever it got to took about 4 minutes....so probibly 150ish PSI if your ever wondering how much a tire can take. This is what pain killers can do, maybe this is why they tell you not to drive or operate heavy machinery on them....Anyways ENJOY a laugh on me!!!

Oh yea so now I'm looking for 1 or 2 39.5x15x15 tsls on the cheap.....the other 3 are bald so dont really matter....

or

I have 2 42x15x15 TSL's that I got pretty cheap....that I need 2 or 3 more to make a full set...again these are 1/2 tread so cheaper the better as long as they are not destroyed....

Progress............
Got my 1410 np205 yokes thanks to onetoncv on pirate or high angle driveline

This is next to a 1/2 ton 8.8 yoke if I remember correctly...

With my back being weak still and kinda having a 10lb lifting limit I have luckily been able to do some of the engine cleaning up.

Used for aluminum intake porting.

Lower before(Dident take an after picture for some reason)

Upper after port and cleaning and silver paint...I almost painted it black like the lower but changed my mind last minute.....

TB

Injector rail

Injector wiring

Rest of wiring....up to firewall....

Pretty much up to the wiring part. Found good free 19lb injectors, ported upper/lower intakes, cleaned all the years of shit out of them so they should flow pretty good now. From what I've read the lower intake on these truck setups is the choke point so that's been opened up a lot, mostly to match the head porting. Probably wont help much now since I still have stock TB and stock 19lb injectors, but from what I've read with the right tuning 19lbers are good for 310hp. I will never know exact numbers but I just want a good clean running engine.

Next step is to remove the Air conditioning part on the firewall that is going to be really close to my engine, fill that in with a peice of tin or plastic, then on to wiring this pig in...

Last edited:

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Glad to see it is coming together!

Although i am not glad to see that horrible excuse for a power steering pump still on there

1slow5oh

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
I am not sure what I am going to do about that yet honestly.....The stock f250 pump and that pump are both the same and that one came off a mustang. So I know they cant be to powerful. But it will definetly do until I get it running and moving....that's the first step.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
yea that is true. I went with a Siginaw style that you would find on late 60's Chevy cars and trucks. There used to be a bracket that is no longer available that adapts them to work in the Fords. Once i get home, I am going to try and start manufacturing the bracket that will adapt them. I'll keep ya posted.

1slow5oh

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
Looks like Ill be swapping over the 38.5 boggers until I get back to work and find some big rubbers again. Oh well old red is about to get chopped up and off to the chipper. I wish I had the cash for some 37" Mil Goodyears on 12 bolt beadlocks.

EGR delete plate for the intake is done, also plugs in back of head were installed a while back before painting.

But anyways I almost have my heater box mod done, I planned on just swapping in a non AC box but they are the same size so I just cut most of the AC part out and will rivit/glue/rtv in a peice of sheet metal over the hole. Should look pretty legit when its done.

Also waiting for a buddy or two to come over and help me remove the trans/tcase again so I can install my new 1410 tcase yokes and trans filter and maybe a little trans pan beef.

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Sweet looking truck! any more updates?

1slow5oh

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
Have not really be working on a whole lot up until lately.

AC box removed.
Currently engine is in and pretty much complete
Trans is complete with some updates
Tcase is complete with some updates
Track bar is done

Currently working on the wiring....getting the engine harness to work with the ranger harness...should be fun

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Nice i didnt realize you where doing a 351 as well. Im going efi to carb tho due to lack of electrical parts but the motor i got had some goodies. MSD pro billet distributor and coil. So if you want a high pro dizzy lemme know im just trying to locate a carb dizzy

1slow5oh

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
Yes defenitly keeping the EFI, wheeling with a carb sucks. I was going to try a truck avenger but I have read bad things about their performance.

What kind of distributor do you have? I'm probably going to end up with a MSD as my stocker is shot.

SAY789

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Its a pro billet distributor suppose to be one of the best efi 351w dizzys. Im goin carb like i said so it wont work for me. It was 280 bucks for the dizzy alone im only asking 150 with the matching msd coil.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals