• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I Hate Fords

Status
Not open for further replies.

michowski

Reaction score
I got rid of my Chevy. Didn't need it. It was just too bad ass for me.QUOTE]

Or in other words it sucked balls and your trying to figure out what to do now. If us ford guys just annoy you and piss you off why do you keep comming back here? Just curious.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
There is an 'Edit' button.... Just in case no one noticed.. :)

You do realize that each post more than likely adds a record to a table in a database, which in the very long run will slow down site, especially if they didn't index the tables correctly.

Don't hate on the Pinto, the Pinto is doing things.

I actually want to build an 80's RWD Chevette with a 327.

Rich people drive what's popular, worst on the environment, and bad on fuel.

All statements about the 350 vs. 302 are consistent from what I've heard over the years. Chevy always had to go bigger engine wise, but again, that's beyond the point.

I'm glad they put a 4 cylinder in the Mustang, makes a good cheap donor for a V8 swap.

454s are only good under NOS. Take them past 5 grand and you'll risk blowing the damn things. My old ex-step dad had 3 350's with all spun rod bearings, but I think that was an error on his part because he had asked why I was using a torque wrench on the rods when I was putting in my pistons in my 2.9L. Most Chevy people are fucking idoits, I am sorry, but they are, some of the shit they do is just..... wow... How are they still alive today?

Here's the bottom line.

I traded a '85 Grand Prix with a BUILT UP (I have pics of it) 327 (700 miles maybe?) w/ TH350 for a piece of shit Ford F250 w/ a 351 that's a year old from rebuild as a donor for my Ranger and didn't think twice about it (I lost a little money even). Why? The Grand Prix was NOT doing things, or at least didn't perform as I had expected. Granted I didn't build the engine, but I just was not impressed and couldn't see my self putting anymore money into it. The Ranger is just a hell of a lot more fun to drive, though I will miss the car. Probably would have kept it if I didn't live RIGHT in the middle of the city.

Pete

Edit:
I only own Ford's right now, but have owned all sorts of different stuff. I know Ford's the best, they are the easiest for me to work on.

My sister has a 92' Bonneville that does excellent. My mom has a '97 Grand Prix that also does very well. My dad works at Chevy, drives a brand new one. I am the odd ball of the family.

Edit again:
You also cannot beat the ease of changing out the front brakes on the Ranger with the caliper pins. That is THE best thing I have ever run into on calipers.

Last edited:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
It's funny how ignorance always prevails here in these argumentative threads......

It always seems to be some benighted kid that is never wrong......:annoyed:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have grown up with both Chevy and Ford, however personally I have only owned 2 Fords and a Plymouth made by Mitsubishi (Laser/Eclipse) that I have since sold. I can't really complain one bit about them, they do/did what I need them too and do/did it without complaint.

454 vs 460, the 460 was only put in land yachts and trucks, the typical one isn't really much for speed out of the box. It has tiny ports like most Fords to get what little power it makes down low in the powerband, which its short stroke doesn't help. If speed rather than pulling is what you want GM or better yet Chrysler is what you want.

The 302 shouldn't be compared to the 350, it should match with the 305 which it blows away. The fact that it can even think to hold its own against an engine with 48 more cubes should speak volumes about it. The 351W is a worthy contender for the 350 in a truck, but ain't got it going down the track. The 351C is has been extict for long enough that it really isn't worth mentioning unless we bring up the GM 302 to compare against the Ford 302, and I don't think we want to go there.

This is all stock to stock, if I had big enough pockets I could re-engineer my little 2.8 to whoop any engine in stock form mentioned here. Unless something is factory spec inside brand should really go out the window because then it comes down to who put it together and what their budget was. Racing is really more of a battle of cubic dollars than anything else.

General rule of thumb from what I have noticed for stock engines:

Ford: Pulling - Torquey engines that can hammer away for long periods of time without much complaint and can almost pretend they are a diesel down low. Somewhat poochy to race, a 4.8 GM will outrun my big bad 5.4.
GM: Pulling/Racing - Somewhat happier at higher RPM's that Ford, but still reliable, will pull like crazy when wound up.
Mopar: Racing - Pass anything but a gas station, less reliable but when they run they run good. Too bad they couldn't outsource a tranny to hold up to their engines.

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You may remember the fiesta, pinto, taurus, and pretty much every car they make is a piece of shit. They don't make ONE good car. Look at the mustang. Who the **** puts a 4 cylinder in a mustang. It isn't a good car. It just sucks. The 302 sucks along with the every other piece of crap Ferd made. Toyota Corolla is one of the BEST selling cars and is at the top in it's class for gas mileage so cram that up your ass.
Dude the Taurus was the best selling car in america for like 10 years straight. Chevy drag racers use Pinto based front suspensions and 9" rear ends, Why is that? I'm on another forum that has 4cyl. pintos and mustangs running in the 8s in a 1/4. So you can cram your toyota up yours. The 5.0 ford was such a popular engine that it got it's own class in NHRA, It also has at least three major magazines devoted to it. You are in the wrong, not us. Why don't you go grow up for about twenty years then come back and tell us how smart you are.
You could rear end my Pinto all you want but, Your chevy would be junk on the first impact and the pinto would drive away. Now If I kick the side of your chevy truck just right it will explode.
You didn't pay very close attention to the comparison between the shitvette and the GT. The GT was better in every aspect even though it was over 400 pounds heavier, In other words if you shave the 400 pounds it would be faster in the 1/4 as well. The G.T. wasn't designed to be a drag racer though. On the road course it annialated the competition.

Last edited:

blk02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
nova why dont you quit now, nahh, keep going you already made yourslef look like an ass, keep it up, its entertaining.

blk02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Nova, what do YOU know about the new vette, or even an older one??? all YOU have seen is biased crap on the internet...

Are you really trying to say an older vette would beat a ford gt?? if so you are completely retarded, the track times you posted are not any of those cars' best times, the 1966 ford gt40 will beat any chevy ever made period, incuding the new 2009 zr1.

and I couldnt stop laughing when a crappy dodge product (08' viper) cock slapped the z06 in almost every category.

asshole

jammons5126

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sure. Your comparing a 22re (built for reliability) or a 3vze to a 350...I think your crazy. How about we compare mutant ponies Pinto to a scooter...oh no...they are too closely related.
looks whos getting their panties in a bunch now you are taking this too serious your just cracking everyone up :tease:

jammons5126

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
does anyone know if there is a forum for the 350. I would liek to join that to learn what i can do to my truck. I will still be part of this site cause i still own a ranger let me know please

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
True, Only the chevy guys with money and the knowledge to build a car to win use the Pinto based front suspension. They do build kits to install them it f-bodies and NOVAS. The Pintos were all fixed by a simple modification as well but, Mine wasn't ever at risk. If you had more than 1 brain cell you would know that. Also mine has .200 wall tube front to rear so, Go ahead and try. Your Chevy WON'T make it through that one. Your chevy will still explode if hit from the side though. It has nothing to keep the tank from rupturing.
No I don't know anything about your shitvette and I don't know why anyone would want to. It is just a worthless pile for people with more money than brains. What I do know is that the engine is based on the LS series engine which is far more reminiscent of a Ford engine than a traditional chevy engine.
Yes the Taurus is a was but the corolla is a maybe. Which is better.

Last edited:

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
does anyone know if there is a forum for the 350. I would liek to join that to learn what i can do to my truck. I will still be part of this site cause i still own a ranger let me know please
There is tons of info on the 350. It has been built every possible way. I have no Idea of a name for a forum though. If you find one, take nova with you. Please!
Actually there is a forum here "non RBV tech" there are many of us here that have experiance with them. As I said, I used to play with them too.

jammons5126

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
yeah i liek the 350 i just want to know more about it i want to learn what i can and can not do to it i have a neice sound but i just want a little bit more performance on it ya know

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Headers, true duals, select mufflers depending on how loud you want it. I like the LG4 intake for a street engine/dd. I prefer it to the edelbrock performer. Don't let anyone talk you into using a carb that is way to big. Unless you have well ported or aftermarket heads a 600cfm is too big. I ran a 450 cfm and had killer throttle response and mileage in the 20's, 1/2 ton truck, 308 gears, 275-60-15s. Unless you plan on running over 5k you don't need bigger anyway.
The quadra jet was a 750 but, it had tiny primaries and the secondaries were variable so that they would only give the engine what it needed. I don't know if one ever made it to 100k before someone molested it. They were a good carb but, they got a really bad reputation mostly because they were complicated. You can buy a quadra jet from edelbrock now but, I would still recommend something smaller.

Last edited:

jammons5126

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Headers, true duals, select mufflers depending on how loud you want it. I like the LG4 intake for a street engine/dd. I prefer it to the edelbrock performer. Don't let anyone talk you into using a carb that is way to big. Unless you have well ported or aftermarket heads a 600cfm is too big. I ran a 450 cfm and had killer throttle response and mileage in the 20's, 1/2 ton truck, 308 gears, 275-60-15s. Unless you plan on running over 5k you don't need bigger anyway.
well lets see a few things i dont know about. What is true duals, i have no clue what size my carb is and the 275-60-15s yeah dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals