• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I Hate Fords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The '07 Ford G.T. out performed everything in its class including all the european supercars. Yes a lot of wealthy people own Fords.
Don't forget the Viper, A lot of rich people own them too!
The Lightning w/a 5.4 is also faster than a 350 LT1 f-body.

Why are you still here Nova? Just to be an ass?

Last edited:

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No really, Cummins isn't a vehicle...oh my god...I feel like an idiot. I don't even know how I spelled it right...is it even diesel?

Duh, Cummins isn't a vehicle, neither is a Powerchoke/Powerjoke and a duralacks. Yeah, Dodges autos suck...I actually hate Dodge. The only thing I would ever buy from them is the Cummins engine. Too bad Ford tranny's aren't any better. Explain to my uncle why his auto tranny went out on his 01 Powerstroke at 60K miles:icon_rofl:
I dunno, maybe he didn't maintain it? I have a 1994 F250 with the 7.3 diesel, ORIGINAL automatic transmission with 167k on the clock in my shop that I just did front wheel bearings on. Sometimes you get a lemon, all manufacturers do it. Even Toyota.

Chevy guys think that the 350 is the only V8 out there, it's ridiculous. I like the 350, but I prefer the 351 and I also enjoy working on Dodge's 318. Good motor. It's really whatever floats your boat. However, to say that the Chevy 350 is the end all is the most asinine, ignorant statement out there. The reason there's so many parts for it is because they put it into so many different vehicles that parts suppliers had to make them widely available. Parts availability doesn't mean an engine is necessarily good. Also, you haven't worked on any of these engines? I'd suggest getting some actual experience working with them before you spit crap out of your mouth. I've rebuilt 2 350s, 1 351, and did main bearings on a 318. At least ground your opinion in some actual work.

Cracked
Heads
Every
Valve
Rattles
Oil
Leaks
Engine
Ticks

This is a Ford website. You're not going to get far saying Chevy is the best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a reg 302 uses the same firing order as a 350 (if you number the cylinders the same). The h.o. and the 351s use a different firing order which runs smoother and inherently make more power. The big chevy builders found that if they changed the firing order of the small block they could make a little more power. The sbc is maxed out around 600h.p. Naturally aspirated. The clevor (windsor with cleveland heads) is over 800 h.p. n.a.
A wore out, neglected engine will run bad no matter who built it. I've seen plenty of them from every company.
1/10 of a second in a 1/4 mile is a lot. 1 second is a completely different class! It is a HUGE difference.
Anybody that says 14 seconds is slow is being completely ridiculous. 15 seconds is not slow and is fun to drive. a 10 second car is just insane and very dangerous to drive in traffic. I'm not saying that I couldn't drive a 7 second car in traffic without causing a problem but, put an inexperienced driver in a 10 second car and somebody is GOING to get hurt.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
How are you (Nova) comparing two motors from different manufacturers on the basis of one instance/experience in a vehicle with each motor?
That is ridiculus, the chevy may have been taken care of and the ford may have been a lemon, it's that simple, you said "I have SEEN both. Ridden in BOTH...and DRIVEN both. (trucks with 350 and 351)"
Have you worked on both?
Have you built up both?
I guess I'm asking if your experience is based on actual credible knowledge where when combining all your experience with both motors can add up to a good opinion on comparing said motors.
Or was it just an opinion because the ford truck you drove was slower and sounded worse?

Arguing on the web is like winning in the Special Olympics, even if you win, your still retarded.

Last edited:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Yeah, It's a good one, I was going to post the picture that goes with it but couldn't find it....

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Constantly
Having
Every
Vehicle
Repaired
Over
Lousy
Engineering
Techniques

michowski

Reaction score
Who gives a shit. If people have the money they will spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to make there car perform better then anything else. Its a never ending game of upgrading and showing off then upgrading more. To each there own. If you like chevy then get a chevy. If you like ford then get a ford. If you like volkswagon then your just gay. Lifes to short man. Drive what ya want and just enjoy the living hell out of it.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Where is Ryan at. You need an infraction for bad language. It is totally unacceptable and my young ears can't handle it. Jesus hates you and now your going to hell.

Nova, is for chevy nova, one of my favorite vehicles.

I would definitely battle a 454 against a 460. How about we battle a corvette against one of your little snakes...what was it called again?
Let me rephrase that nobody gives a RAT'S ASS! Is that better?

:icon_confused:Wow am I going to hell for that :scare:?

Let's see that's why my God has blessed me with my FORD that has over 330,000 miles on it.

Nova I don't care what it stands for, but now it makes sense. Drive your bowtie to Mexico & see what they call it :idiot: Chevy NOGO. On the west coast you see about 100% of the Mexicans driving Fords for thier works trucks, Why you ask they are MORE RELIABLE.

The 460 :3gears: will be long gone before the 454 even notices, it'll say that 460 just kicked my ass.

I would be more than satisfied to let a COBRA swallow your little bowtie whole like a RAT.

Last edited:

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, It's a good one, I was going to post the picture that goes with it but couldn't find it....
You mean this one?

No, it didn't. Sorry but no. Wealthy people own german or foreign cars. Why do you think people buy Porsche's and Lambos?

Viper is just gay. It looks retarded. It is a mopar product...and is a v10...who cares? My dirtbike is faster than a lightning...proves absolutely nothing.

I am on here because I can...and to post and give advice.
Actually, for its year yes it did. Obviously it doesn't now. However, when it came out it was right at the top with Lambo's and Ferrari's. I family friend of ours has a GT in his collection, alongside his Porsche's and other supercars.

Nope. Never seen one.
Sarcasm is really lost over the internet...

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No, it didn't. Sorry but no. Wealthy people own german or foreign cars. Why do you think people buy Porsche's and Lambos?

Viper is just gay. It looks retarded. It is a mopar product...and is a v10...who cares? My dirtbike is faster than a lightning...proves absolutely nothing.

Yes the Ford G.T. did beat everything in its class. Do a little research. It beat Farrari, Porsche and Lambo. Oh, and your precious shitvette.
For your info the viper v-10 is a Lambo design. And yes wealthy people do own american cars. Watch the Barrett/Jackson auction the next time it is on.
The main reason wealthy people own foreign cars is because they are the only ones that can afford to fix them! Most of the italian cars are broke down more often then they run. Ask anybody that owns one. They are only cool when they run.
If your dirtbike could beat a lightning in any way He was either spinning or he stalled it. I could push a lightning faster Than any dirt bike! Well that's getting carried away but, Now you know how stupid you sound.

Last edited:

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Your so called "Advice" could only do damage. :flipoff:
You really shouldn't try to hurt people that way, It will come back on you some day.:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

jammons5126

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yep, those worthless 350's. Too bad they are so reliable, they would make a good engine if they broke down all the time. I should have put a 351 in it. 1 more cubic inch and my ride would be totally bad ass. I wonder how much more hp and torque that cubic inch did....:idiot:
it aint all that worthless hell i dont have to worry about my truck bogging down on my when i am towing my trailer when i had my ranger it would barely get me up a bridge. Worthless no, Chevy yeah but hey if it gets me from point A to point B what the hell does it matter what i drive.

If you are in th texas area go to the Houston Raceway Park show me something :3gears:

jammons5126

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Mutant Pony,
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. There's no sense in trying to make a point with Nova, he just simply won't listen to another point of view (which is obviously more credible because of the experience that you have from the posts that I have read).

I am glad that the 350 Chevy is working good for this guy. I am happy as hell once I have a solid running vehicle, no matter what it is. Hell, my ex-g/f bought a Dynasty that runs great, but hates on it because it's a Dynasty. Shit, I'd drive the hell out of it, it's a solid runner.

Most are here because of context, a lot of offroading vehicles are Ford's which is (I guess) why things they way they are. Not to mention that I like FSBs over Chevy SBCs, especially after riding in my friend's '79 Fairmont w/ EFI 5.0L H.O. stock 130K miles w/ headers, MSD ignition vs. '78 Camaro w/ 350 750cfm MSD box, the 350 is built up, but I just wasn't impressed. I used to run stock 350 trucks with a stock 2.9L. That's beyond the point though, it's all about what gets you to work.

Pete

Edit:
And no, he wouldn't remember much of the 80's.
Thanks that all that matters

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow...your ignorance really shows. I Ford P.T. Never beat anything.
What the hell are you talking about?
Yes, I am a proud owner of a Pinto. I could run over you and your dirt bike and it wouldn't hurt either of us, mentally or physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals