• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I Hate Fords

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Whine all you want. It won't change a thing.
Every vehicle requires maintainance. Foreign vehicles cost a lot more to maintain. If you haven't put money into a vehicle for a while, Guess what, It is gonna break down!
I think I owe my Ranger about $1000 right now. It will probably break something soon.
+1

Couldn't have said it better myself. All vehicles break down eventually. I like my Ford because the parts are cheap and very easy to get. I don't have to pay $150 for a ball joint to be shipped from Germany. It's all relative.

I just put a ton of money into my Ranger recently. I replaced the water pump, fan clutch, upper control arm, oil pan, and a very expensive alignment. It sucks, but hey, I love my truck so it was worth it.

jammons5126

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well i am all about the quarter mile now my engine is so easy to work on i can reach everything with out something being in the way. It is carbed so yeah i dont need no 3.0 anymore

Thumper113

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
while i drive my chevy i am wearing a ford cap.
(hee hee) And I drive my Ford while wearing my "GMC Trucks" hat because after all, fixing the GMC's everyday at work pays my bills. I have to count on vehicles that break down so I can earn a living. I love & hate 'em all equally :derisive:

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Every vehicle will have issuse, just take care of them when they occur.

Just remember when you are driving your Chevy, Pee Wee Herman is going to ask you if he can have back his bowtie :icon_rofl:.

The only way to fix that is drive another Ford.

dangerranger91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
302 soon
Transmission
Manual
I loved my DODGE, thats rite DODGE Dakota, wit a 318 the held its own on the track but a tie rod deciding to come a part ended that and now i have my dangerranger and love it as for my other two trucks an F150 wit a 351W that blow its head pos mfer and 90 dodge that i put in the ditch but still runs its perference so dnt cut sum1 down 4 what they drive

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
(hee hee) And I drive my Ford while wearing my "GMC Trucks" hat because after all, fixing the GMC's everyday at work pays my bills. I have to count on vehicles that break down so I can earn a living. I love & hate 'em all equally :derisive:
I don't wear hats but, I work on 90% G.M. If it weren't for Chevies My job would be really boring and I would be even more poor.
It is a good day at work when I get to work on a real Ford (not a rebadged mazda).

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yep, those worthless 350's. Too bad they are so reliable, they would make a good engine if they broke down all the time. I should have put a 351 in it. 1 more cubic inch and my ride would be totally bad ass. I wonder how much more hp and torque that cubic inch did....:idiot:
Remember back in the late '80s when G.M. had to put 350's back in the "f" bodies because the 305 couldn't keep up to the 302 ford. What did Ford do? they went smaller, the 4.6 kicked the dog poo out of the 350 so G.M. tried to redesign the 350 to beat the 4.6. now the LS motors run good but, look at the engine design. It is built much more like a Ford.
It has been proven that a 351 with "c" heads is capable of creating more H.P. than a 350 can. (top engine challenge).
As was said: this is a Ford site, chevies get bashed here, It's allowed!
Also, there was a problem with camshafts in the Late seventies, early eighties. Sbc engines needed new cams in less than 60k.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Remember back in the late '80s when G.M. had to put 350's back in the "f" bodies because the 305 couldn't keep up to the 302 ford.
Mutant Pony,
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. There's no sense in trying to make a point with Nova, he just simply won't listen to another point of view (which is obviously more credible because of the experience that you have from the posts that I have read).

I am glad that the 350 Chevy is working good for this guy. I am happy as hell once I have a solid running vehicle, no matter what it is. Hell, my ex-g/f bought a Dynasty that runs great, but hates on it because it's a Dynasty. Shit, I'd drive the hell out of it, it's a solid runner.

Most are here because of context, a lot of offroading vehicles are Ford's which is (I guess) why things they way they are. Not to mention that I like FSBs over Chevy SBCs, especially after riding in my friend's '79 Fairmont w/ EFI 5.0L H.O. stock 130K miles w/ headers, MSD ignition vs. '78 Camaro w/ 350 750cfm MSD box, the 350 is built up, but I just wasn't impressed. I used to run stock 350 trucks with a stock 2.9L. That's beyond the point though, it's all about what gets you to work.

Pete

Edit:
And no, he wouldn't remember much of the 80's.

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Remember back in the late '80s when G.M. had to put 350's back in the "f" bodies because the 305 couldn't keep up to the 302 ford. What did Ford do? they went smaller, the 4.6 kicked the dog poo out of the 350 so G.M. tried to redesign the 350 to beat the 4.6. now the LS motors run good but, look at the engine design. It is built much more like a Ford.
It has been proven that a 351 with "c" heads is capable of creating more H.P. than a 350 can. (top engine challenge).
As was said: this is a Ford site, chevies get bashed here, It's allowed!
Also, there was a problem with camshafts in the Late seventies, early eighties. Sbc engines needed new cams in less than 60k.
Even better were the years that the Chevy 350s had nylon timing gears that would turn against metal gears and shred away. Nylon on metal. Nice.

I'd take a 351 over a 350 anyday, and I do actually like the 350. After riding in my friend's 351 Bronco and a 350 Blazer, it was quite obvious to me which one I'd rather have.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Nobody here really gives a shit. Each is to thier own preference on vehicles & engines, It's all good that the 350 is working for you. Most people on here have Fords and that is all they will ever drive, so remeber that. I will still take a 5.0 or 5.8 over a 350 anyday & personally I don't give a shit if you don't like it. Who cares if rich people don't buy American, I support my country so I will only buy Amercian & I am not rich. Even if I were I would still buy the older Fords. Toyotas breakdown just as much as the next guy even on the trail.

Now you really want a battle put the 454 against the 460.

Bowties are for PeeWee Herman dolls, Since you are blabbing on with no sense PeeWee Herman called & said you can keep his bowtie.

Do you know that nova in spanish is nogo.

Since you no longer own a Ford (don't go away mad, just go away) Quoted by Stitch Jones.

Last edited:

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Yeah, right when chevy changed there vehicle design:idiot:

I don't care what you say about the 302. 350 is better. It's been proven...it is a fact. How did a 4.6...(remember a REDESIGNED engine not a 20 year old engine still with good technology i.e. 350) beat a 350? O.K. A 4.3 beat a 4.0. A 4.0 I6 beat a 4.0 v6. So what. Beat it how...gas mile age? Crappyness? Poor reliability?

My bad for Chevy creating such a great engine and a bunch of Ford fans get jealous when someone else talks about it's greatness. Too bad there are so many of them and the parts are so cheap.

And, my favorite vehicle of all time beats your crappy Ford brand and Chevy which is of course...Cummins. Why stroke it when you can Ram it?
With every post you sound more and more like a troll. Your favorite vehicle is a Cummins huh? Wasnt aware they made vehicles. Maybe your refering to that poor excuse for a shell they put them in? Would you care to share this proof? The fact that the Chevy 350 is better than a 302? Or vice versa? Cause people arguing about it really gets old. I might start liking Chevys if I knew they were better than Fords.

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

I don't care what you say about the 302. 350 is better. It's been proven...it is a fact. How did a 4.6...(remember a REDESIGNED engine not a 20 year old engine still with good technology i.e. 350) beat a 350? O.K. A 4.3 beat a 4.0. A 4.0 I6 beat a 4.0 v6. So what. Beat it how...gas mile age? Crappyness? Poor reliability?

My bad for Chevy creating such a great engine and a bunch of Ford fans get jealous when someone else talks about it's greatness. Too bad there are so many of them and the parts are so cheap.

And, my favorite vehicle of all time beats your crappy Ford brand and Chevy which is of course...Cummins. Why stroke it when you can Ram it?
Why are we comparing a 302 to a 350? It should be compared to the 305. Let's at least talk similar displacements here.

It is a great engine. So is the 351. I prefer the 351 after having ridden in full size SUVs with their respective engines (Bronco and Blazer).

Cummins isn't a vehicle, you do realize that? :taunt: If you're referring to Dodge...you haven't driven the gas powered ones. The transmissions are FAMOUS for sucking even more than Ford and GM, and the front suspensions have issues where the ball joints shred off and come apart. Nice. The newer ones are better, but the 90s Rams SUCKED. The Cummins is great...too bad the truck its in sucks.

Ford: No bowties or little sheep.

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

G.m. f-body, 350, LT1- 1/4 mile in the 14's.
mustang GT, 4.6, 1/4 mile in the 13s
Both cars stock.
There are many first year 4.6s around here that still run well. being 17 years old and still daily driven sounds pretty undependable to me.
The 350 is only "better" than a 302 because it is bigger. The 302 has a better oiling system and a better engine design. The 302 also weighs far less than any chevy V-8.
I built chevy engines for years. I've owned many of them. I'm not just talking out my tail as you are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals