I started buying tools in the early 70's, my combination wrenches are S-K because a 3/8 to 1 1/4 set cost $39.95 and Snap On wanted $120. $120 is a lot of money at $2.00 an hour.
My fitting wrenches are all Snap On, as are a lot of sockets, but my 3/8 and 1/2 ratchets are S-K because I like the way the head swivels better than Snap On. During the 10 years I worked as a mechanic, my 3/8 ratchet was replaced at least 4 times under warranty and I bet a Snap On wouldn't have broken. My 1/2 deep impact sockets are all Snap On and none have ever needed replacement.
I have several brands of straight blade screwdrivers but only Snap On Phillips heads.
My grandfather gave me my original Craftsman 1/4 drive set, it had belonged to my uncle who was killed in the Pacific during WWII. I've added a lot to it over the years, mostly with more Craftsman because 1/4 drive stuff doesn't get used too hard.
Most of my hammers are Snap On and I don't remember why I spent the extra for them, they all still work.
I have tools from Mac, Matco, Cornwell, Gear Wrench, Napa, and some others. I have 2 adjustable wrenches that I found, one in the yard at the dealership and 1 in a used car I was working on.
My 1/2" impact is a CP734, 3/8 air ratchet is a Blue Point, and air chisel is a Rodac. I bought a set from Rodac with a 1/2 impact, air drill, 3/8 air ratchet for $39.95 in about 1972. The 1/2 impact didn't last long before I traded it in, too heavy and too gutless.
You get what you pay for- if you're lucky.