4.0L SOHC Pulling the SOHC for inspection


Featured Build Threads

A good trick I do is put a dab of paint on nuts and bolt heads once they are torqued. If you put another right beside you can see at a glance if they've backed off.
 
All of out heavy machinery is marked like when it's assembled. Just take a paint pen and swipe every bolt head and nut.
 
Got the intake on; getting the wiring harness in the right spots was a process of attaching, detaching, moving, over and over and then I realized I had my fuel injectors facing the wrong way (plugs toward intake instead of toward heads) and that made fitting the harness easier (go figure lol). Taking a break for lunch and to charge the batteries for my cordless tools, then to the weld lab some for today. Maybe I’ll get more done tonight.
 

Attachments

  • Pulling the SOHC for inspection
    IMG_0678.jpeg
    626.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Pulling the SOHC for inspection
    IMG_0679.jpeg
    502.6 KB · Views: 8
Got the intake on; getting the wiring harness in the right spots was a process of attaching, detaching, moving, over and over and then I realized I had my fuel injectors facing the wrong way (plugs toward intake instead of toward heads) and that made fitting the harness easier (go figure lol). Taking a break for lunch and to charge the batteries for my cordless tools, then to the weld lab some for today. Maybe I’ll get more done tonight.
lookin good
 
Getting closer…
 

Attachments

  • Pulling the SOHC for inspection
    IMG_0680.jpeg
    574.1 KB · Views: 6
whats left serpentine belt fan clutch and fluids something like that
I got some more done, now I’ve got a headache. All that’s left is plugging in 3 of the 4 o2 sensors, I probably should have done the ones behind the engine before putting on the intake… fan, fan shroud, belt, and fuel line. I think I’m missing a piece from the fuel line. Where it connects I swear there was a circle thing the clip when around but it’s not there now so I’ll have to look into that. And fluids
 
I got some more done, now I’ve got a headache. All that’s left is plugging in 3 of the 4 o2 sensors, I probably should have done the ones behind the engine before putting on the intake… fan, fan shroud, belt, and fuel line. I think I’m missing a piece from the fuel line. Where it connects I swear there was a circle thing the clip when around but it’s not there now so I’ll have to look into that. And fluids
that 02 sesor was hard to take off with the intake off for me because it glued from sitting and heat but hopefully going together will be easier for you
 
that 02 sesor was hard to take off with the intake off for me because it glued from sitting and heat but hopefully going together will be easier for you
lol yea I wanted to just cut that damn thing when I was trying to get it apart, then after what seemed like forever and a million tries it just popped apart like the easiest thing in the world… I’m gonna have to remove the intake to get at it, but at this point that doesn’t seem like a big deal 😂
 
lol yea I wanted to just cut that damn thing when I was trying to get it apart, then after what seemed like forever and a million tries it just popped apart like the easiest thing in the world… I’m gonna have to remove the intake to get at it, but at this point that doesn’t seem like a big deal 😂
for me it was a fight to the death with a long flat head screwdriver and the plastic was brittle it only gave up when the clips broke no clue how it didnt come off the way it was supposed to like in theory should have just popped off but hey its okay im not reusing the old harness
 
It’s back together minus the one fuel connection. Once that is sorted I’m gonna disconnect the fuel at the filter and pump all the old stuff out bc i think it sat for a while, then I’ll refill and start her up for the ring break in process. Oh and fluids, I’m gonna put those in now… that’d be awful to forget those.. 😂
 

Attachments

  • Pulling the SOHC for inspection
    IMG_0684.jpeg
    523.8 KB · Views: 0

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top