• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 Camaro strange brake and rear turn signal issue

slycer2002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My wife's Camaro is possessed. I'm pretty sure of it. At first we were having an issue where the right rear turn signal would not work if the headlights were on. If the lights were off, it would work all day long. Turn the lights on, nada. It was like this for awhile, and then one day just switched to the other side. The right side was fine but the left side would not work if the headlights were on. Tonight, I noticed something new. When we got in the car, we didn't have turn signals on either side. I turned the lights off, still no turn signals. I also had my wife hit the brake for me and I was surprised to see that the only brake light we had was the high mount center light. We went and got new bulbs and I changed them out in the parking lot at the store. We still don't have turn signals in the rear nor do we have our main brake lights. The tail lights themselves work, and the high mount brake light stil works. The funny thing is that the dash indicators for the turn signals work. The front turn signals work. I checked the hazard flashers, and everything from the dash forward works. We just have no main brake lights or rear turn signals. Sorry this has been so long, but I'm completely confused. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ground problem I bet. Very common on those cars.

slycer2002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I thought of that and I shuddered when I did. I was actually thinking maybe it was the turn signal switch in the steering column. After looking at the wiring diagram that is the only thing I can find that includes both the rear turn signals and the brakes.

countryboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
most of the grounds in those cars are in the bulb socket i would test there first

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like the turn signal switch.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Do the hazard's work? If they do you can bet you have a signal switch issue.

slycer2002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The hazards and turn signals only work in the front. The only thing I have in the rear are the actual tail lights, back up lights, and the center high mount stop lamp. The car is going into the shop tomorrow to have the turn signal switch replaced. Thanks for all the suggestions. It was more than I got on an actual Camaro tech forum.

Last edited:

slycer2002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Finally fixed!!!

I got the car back from the shop today and all of the lights work like they are supposed to. :yahoo: It was the turn signal switch like I suspected. Thank you again to all who offered assistance.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals