• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What kind of Computer do you Use?

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
EVGA 3 waySLI board
Intel I7 950 clocked at 3.2 GHZ W/Coolermaster V6(hell yea) Twin fan CPU cooler
Twin Nvidia GTX 570s in SLI
12GBs Corsair PC3 ram 1600 MHZ
Sound Blaster X-FI card
WIFI Card
Coolmax 1000W PSU W/modular Cables
Tons of fans with Leds N SHIZ
Win 7 Boots from a 80 GB SSD
Games and other stuff from 2 500 GB Seagates in a Front mount HDD caddy W/cooling fan
All in an aluminum Lian Li mid tower case

I cleaned it since then, that was after the teardown, rebuild. I Re-applied the thermal paste on all the chips.

Last edited:

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Lian-li PC-61 or PC-65B?

I LOVE those cases I haven't built a system in anything else in almost seven years.

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Lian-li PC-61 or PC-65B?

I LOVE those cases I haven't built a system in anything else in almost seven years.
PC-61, aluminum is great for heat transfer, all covers are removed as well. this thing is LIGHTNING DUDE. im always pushing over 200 FPS in all the new games, i get most console games that are released on steam. Recently got Dead Island, its such an awesome game, still freaks me out when a zombie books at you full bore and tries eating your brains.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Hardware is all 2008 era but still plenty fast to do everything I ask it to.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P board.
Intel Extreme Quad QX9650 @3.8GHz. Enzotech Saphire block.
BFG GTX260 (216 core). XSPC block.
Patriot 4GB Viper DDR2
DangerDen Torture Rack case.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
1TB WD Caviar black.
2x 500GB WD Caviar black.
320GB WD Caviar.
D5 pump. 2xGTX240 Radiators. Swiftech Micro-res.

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Allan if you put together all the stuff in your house you could probably have your own museum going on. (That was a compliment, by the way)
museum eh? for one week i was stuck using a 386 with windows 95 cause i acidently formated my other pc's harddrive.. that is how i know ie4 is stilll work with TRS :icon_rofl: out of the 20 computers i own, only 2 are above a pentium 1, a pentium 2 laptop and a core 2 quad desktop...

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
That comes turbocharged only in the floor models.Computers are so cheap and good now. Anything you buy is great. My little Acer expire-One cost like $200. This little thing has enough computing power that it would have ended World War II two years early. That's not an exaggeration. A Droid in the hands of the Nazies would have been devastating--London would have been melted by an A-bomb in 1943.

Anything you buy is a bargain.
Computing power doesn't help if you don't even know what questions to ask...

Well.. I can tell you that all the Conspiracy theories and alternate history theories are pure bunk.

The Nazi regime in germany could not have produced an atomic bomb even if they had the will to actually TRY (they didn't really try) until sometime in 1952 or '53

Why do I say that? it's a simple matter of electrical generation capacity.
which germany lacked.... the Manhattan project in this country used
nearly one quarter of the power produced for 1944 and 1945.

Solving most engineering problems often only reveal other issues.

And physicists tend to fixate on technical problems in the design of their "gadget"
While ignoring material & infastructure issues that other's deal with for them...

a friend of my fathers was a physicist who had formerly been a junior engineer
in the soviet nuclear program and he believed that germany could have produced
a bomb... until I pointed out the issue with electrical energy... even without even considering that there were friendly tourists dropping bombs on their power plants:)

AD

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I see your point, but I think being led by idiots was the greater cause. The Germans could have made enough electricity if they had wanted to. The idiot Nazis didn't trust people with brains, though, and drove off their best physicists in the 20s and 30s and sent whatever was left to the Russian front in the 40s. For example, here's a guy fleeing Europe at the right time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann

A thing people don't realize is that the war was not popular in Germany. Unlike Great Britain and the US, Hitler could not mobilize his entire economy into war production. he didn't have Rosie the Rivetter--he was using forced labor. He was worried that his power would cave if he tried to iron hand the population. He got to power by selling bullshit, and he stayed there by selling bullshit. The Allies were fighting a Total War, the Nazis were trying to fight such a war, but also keep the button factories making pretty buttons instead of brass casings.

The German Army suffered continually because their government tried to balance popularity with war production. If the shoe had been on the other foot and France had started the war, I have no doubt every good frauline in the Reicht would have been pedeling her Liberty Bike Generator for the cause. They did well enough as it is.

The bottom line is, an idiot was in charge. If Hitler would have spent his resources better, they would have gotten damn close. They spent huge money in the late 30's trying to match Britain's navy on the sirface, than huge money trying to fly bombs to London--which we benefitted from 25 years later with our flag on the moon--not to mention the ghastly medical research we still use. They spent huge money on jet engine research, which we benefitted from.

The German leadership were complete ****ig idiots. That was the saving grace for us. The Manhattan Project was huge and it's likely the Germans couldn't have pulled it off. But it wasn't so big that they wouldn't have had a chance. Most of the crap we bombed out, they had going again, underground, in a few weeks. If they had the NEED to make electricity, they would have done it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There are a bunch of what iffs about WWII.

If Japan had waited until after England fell (and it would have) to pick a fight with the US it would have really complicated things for us in Germany. But since we already had aircraft carriers (they never really got into them) by the time the war broke out I dunno how big of a differance it would have been.

I think they meant to in the long run, but they were in no way ready to tie into the US when they were forced to.

Last edited:

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

If Japan had waited until after England fell (and it would have) to pick a fight with the US it would have really complicated things for us. But since we already had aircraft carriers (they never really got into them) by the time the war broke out I dunno how big of a differance it would have been.

I think they meant to in the long run, but they were in no way ready to tie into the US when they were forced to.
Japan was very much into carriers. They had a lot of them. You ever heard of Midway? Or Pearl Harbor, for that matter? They had a lot, but not enough industry to replace losses. I think you can find a good Yamamoto quote on that subject.

England wasn't going to fall. Churchill's decision to defend Egypt, and subsequently start a new front in Italy, put the kabash on any stupid plan to invade Great Britian.

You would have to be frikkiin CRAZY to think an invasion of GB would have worked. The Luftwaffe failed to destroy Fighter Command. The German Navy failed to become effective--unlike the Japanese, they had zero aircraft carriers. The Channel Fleet was in full force and the German Navy was nothing except U-boats, which could not have protected an invasion fleet.

The Germans were much, much stupider than you can imagine. They had brilliant engineers, brilliant military minds and fantastically loyal and courageous warriors--led by complete idiots.

Winston Churchill is the greatest man to have ever lived. He said that the only time during the war when he was nervous was when the U-boats were really gnawing into the Atlantic convoys and they didn't seem to have an answer. Otherwise, his challenges were in making the Americans do what he thought was necessary. He didn't win them all, but he won enough. He was the enemy of the Nazis and he brought them down. The US, before their invasion of Sicily, was going to concentrate on Japan. Churchill saw that Japan was a flash in the pan, that the USSR was the real enemy, and that we should invade Italy and then push up into Europe to contain the Soviets. He saw far, far, into the future. We didn't listen and insisted on a Normandy invasion. That cost us 50 years of history.

By the way, war history is my thing. I was a small boy playing hooky to read war books in the library. My next book is about the adventures of a Merchant Marine vessel on the Murmansk route.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

If Japan had waited until after England fell (and it would have) to pick a fight with the US it would have really complicated things for us. But since we already had aircraft carriers (they never really got into them) by the time the war broke out I dunno how big of a differance it would have been.

Japan was very much into carriers. They had a lot of them. You ever heard of Midway? Or Pearl Harbor, for that matter? They had a lot, but not enough industry to replace losses. I think you can find a good Yamamoto quote on that subject.

England wasn't going to fall. Churchill's decision to defend Egypt, and subsequently start a new front in Italy, put the kabash on any stupid plan to invade Great Britian.

You would have to be frikkiin CRAZY to think an invasion of GB would have worked. The Luftwaffe failed to destroy Fighter Command. The German Navy failed to become effective--unlike the Japanese, they had zero aircraft carriers. The Channel Fleet was in full force and the German Navy was nothing except U-boats, which could not have protected an invasion fleet.

The Germans were much, much stupider than you can imagine. They had brilliant engineers, brilliant military minds and fantastically loyal and courageous warriors--led by complete idiots.

Winston Churchill is the greatest man to have ever lived. He said that the only time during the war when he was nervous was when the U-boats were really gnawing into the Atlantic convoys and they didn't seem to have an answer. Otherwise, his challenges were in making the Americans do what he thought was necessary. He didn't win them all, but he won enough. He was the enemy of the Nazis and he brought them down. The US, before their invasion of Sicily, was going to concentrate on Japan. Churchill saw that Japan was a flash in the pan, that the USSR was the real enemy, and that we should invade Italy and then push up into Europe to contain the Soviets. He saw far, far, into the future. We didn't listen and insisted on a Normandy invasion. That cost us 50 years of history.

By the way, war history is my thing. I was a small boy playing hooky to read war books in the library. My next book is about the adventures of a Merchant Marine vessel on the Murmansk route.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Actually there's a book you simply MUST read, it's written by Len Deighton
The title is "Blood, Tears & Folly" and it basically explains several commonly
held falsehoods about WW-II

And basically points out that for the most part ALL combatant nations were incompetent
and that the LEAST incompetent nation at-the-time won the war... and carried it's
friends to victory with it.

Also as I recall a group of the best of what was left of germany's best physicists were wiped out in 1943 by a single errant "stick" of 500lb bombs that were aimed with care at an aircraft factory but that stick "went long" and the last bomb in the stick fell through the roof of their bomb shelter (long delay fuze) before it detonated and turned them all into pink mist.

AD

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

The carrier thing was in referance to Germany, I fixed that.

Early in the war Germany had England in a very bad way, U-boats could basically attack at will and they had a lot more aluminum to fly to England (and it was better stuff as a whole too) It wasn't until we figured out how to defend against submarines that the threat went away. I do not think they would have held without the US's backing. If nothing else Germany could have starved them out. It was incredibly stupid to try to fight both Russia and the US at the same time though.

I love to play Silent Hunter 3 (WWII U-boat game) Early in the war was awesome for a u-boat captain, late in the war you can barely surface without being dive bombed. And then them late destroyers... they just don't play fair at all. :bawling:

Last edited:

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The carrier thing was in referance to Germany, I fixed that.

Early in the war Germany had England in a very bad way, U-boats could basically attack at will and they had a lot more aluminum to fly to England (and it was better stuff as a whole too) It wasn't until we figured out how to defend against submarines that the threat went away. I do not think they would have held without the US's backing. If nothing else Germany could have starved them out. It was incredibly stupid to try to fight both Russia and the US at the same time though.

I love to play Silent Hunter 3 (WWII U-boat game) Early in the war was awesome for a u-boat captain, late in the war you can barely surface without being dive bombed. And then them late destroyers... they just don't play fair at all. :bawling:
Early in the war, there weren't many U-boats. Before the way, in about '36 when the Germans were still exploring scenarios, the German Navy commander, Admiral Raeder, had given Hitler two choices--a heavily weighted U-boat navy (Raeder's choice) or a fully balanced navy. Hitler chose a balanced navy (none of them thought naval aviation was important) and so the Bismark, Tripitz and the pocket battleships were built instead of focusing on u-boats. When Poland was attacked in '39 and Britain honored her allaince and declared war, the Germans had not finished all of the surface ships. Instead, they began to outfit armed freighters--they did 9 in total--and sent the pocket battleships and the few U-boats they had to attack shipping.

I won't spend a half hour on this, but you know the Bismark was sunk in May '41 and that ended the German surface presence in the Atlantic. The pocket battleships met similar fates, the Tirpitz was the sister ship to the Bismark and was restricted to Norway attacking the Mumansk route. The merchant raiders disappeared into the Pacific and Indian Oceans until they died off in late '43.

The subs became the last chance. If Hitler would have selected subs earlier, it would have been horrible and possibly Britain would have been done earlier. Fortunately, though a brilliant politician, if military brains were skunk oil, a hound dog couldn't have smelled Hitler. He always interefered, made the wrong choice and then only when the cause was already lost, reluctantly went along with the recommendation of his military commander. This happened during battles in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, Russia and in every major weapon decision--tanks, fighters and ships.

The subs, once they were constructed in the required numbers and deployed into cooperative woldpacks, were devastating. The German submariners called that period of time "The Happy Time." The Allies had forgotten all of the lessons from the first world war and it took them almost too long to re-learn them. Once they did, the Happy Time quickly ended. If you were a German submariner, you didn't write an autobiography. You died.

The American way of war was a brand new concept to Europe and Japan. We learned it from General U. S. Grant. War isn't about secret weapons and shit--it's a simple math equation. We are mathematical savages. We build more of everything than you can and attack you everywhere and you run out of things to fight with and people to use them. Whenever we follow that equation, we win. We aren't very good at other types of war. In World War 2 we decided the Sherman was a good tank, and we build billions of those. It was better than the average German tank, worse than their best--which mostly broke down because they went to battle too quickly with it--and we won. We build the Liberty ships, and then the Victory ships, in thousands in pre-fabed sections like pre-fabbed houses. It was the trailer-park ship, but there were so many of them, the Germans couldn't sink enough to matter.

Our tactics were different than the British because we could replace everything. We didn't wait around to have everything in the best possible situation--we attacked. We got there the firstest with the mostest. The German things that bothered the British didn't bother us. We didn't mind the U-boats.

We had a total of 110 aircraft carriers in World War II. We built them so fast that CV-5 was the Yorktown and CV-10 was also the Yorktown. Most of the carriers were escort carriers which were not battle carriers but had enough planes for convoy escort duty, but we had a lot of battle carriers by the end.

The arsenal of democracy.We were simple, brutal and numerous. Nobody had a chance. Hitler had given his navy orders not to piss us off. Yamamoto, who had lived in the US, tried to convince his goverment that an attack on us was a bad idea. He stated, correctly, that for 6 months he would run rampant, but that after that, it was over. After he learned that the four US carriers in the Pacific were not at Pearl Harbor during the attack, he knew Japan was done for. The Japanese, by the way, attacked pearl Harbor with 6 battle carriers and 2 escort carriers. They definitely loved the weapon, but had no means of keeping up with us.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I think we need a WW2 thread and not fill up this computer one...just saying. I do love to read what people have to say about WW2 and good facts about it and whatnot.

Doom's Day Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
My rig
Here is my rig

MB~GIGABYTE GA-880GM-UD2H AM3 AMD 880G CPU~AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE
MEM~CORSAIR XMS3 4GB
GPU~ Sapphire ATI HD 4870
HS~Spire TherMax Eclipse II Five D.T. Heatpipe
TC-Tuniq TX-4 Extreme Performance
PS~Corsair VX550W
HD~SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM
CASE~Rosewill CHALLENGER

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals