• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
You're all not wrong, but conveniently the wife wasn't planning on going anywhere today... I did do it in the order above and I found a mouse nest in the heater fan housing under the cabin filter... a new cabin filter will be in hand tomorrow... there were two young mice in the nest that are now in the bottom of the garbage can in the driveway...

As for the knife, in the absence of a banana a D35 spindle will hopefully suffice:

20240302_194107.jpg

That's where I've gotten so far, the oil change went fine except for the oil filter pliers fell right in the oil drain pan... I'm about done for the day...

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
working on the yard this morning. might take awhile.
IMG_7649.jpeg

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I removed every fastener on the Badlands jack, one at a time and blue thread locked them all. Being an off road jack, I figured it might be a good idea to make sure none of them work lose due to vibrations feom driving off road.

I just need to come up with a plan to store the jack handle and secure it in the trucks. Maybe fabricating a base similar to the Pro Eagle jack is the direction to go. I don't have a sheet metal brake but some creative work with some angle iron might come up with something similar and not cost $300.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I removed every fastener on the Badlands jack, one at a time and blue thread locked them all. Being an off road jack, I figured it might be a good idea to make sure none of them work lose due to vibrations feom driving off road.

I just need to come up with a plan to store the jack handle and secure it in the trucks. Maybe fabricating a base similar to the Pro Eagle jack is the direction to go. I don't have a sheet metal brake but some creative work with some angle iron might come up with something similar and not cost $300.
Make your own quick release mount like I did in one of our service trucks.
FD1B0E2A-7309-4EE8-AAD9-610700BA0E58.jpeg

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
In 76/77, when I was working for Colgate Palmolive in Zambia, Africa, I went with some of the workers to their village. There was a medicine man, and I bought a small juju and a monkey skin drum.

IMG_1296.jpeg

I was never one for normal souvenirs, actually normal anything, but I just thought of these things as a trinket, a memory, with no true magical powers.

Well, very frustrated for the last week or so, I decided to give them a chance. I got a live chicken from up north, set up the juju in the yard in front of a fire, and sacrificed the chicken. I cut off the chicken head and wrapped it with banana leaves and dried it over the fire.

I took one of the large chicken feathers, and made it into a quill pen, and signed my papers in chicken blood.

Then, today, on my fifth visit to the DeKalb County Motor Vehicle Department, wearing the chicken head as a necklace, I slipped my papers through the window and prostrated myself on the floor and chanted the sacred ritual

Having now met all the legal requirements, and following the proper procedures, I was granted a license plate for the Town Cart.

IMG_1295.jpeg

I know, I know, it’s temporary, I may have to do it all again in a month waiting on my custom plate…

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Went to the junk yard is Scranton with my brother. He was looking for tailgate latches.

I was looking for transmissions.

All the stuff they had was no newer then 20 years old, so they didn’t have anything I could use.

They did have a good selection of ‘90s rangers for my brother to pick through.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I picked up a cheap, battery powered saw. Harbor Freight was having one of their parking lot sales.

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15

There's someone on etsy thst sells cut files for a badlands jack holder, I bought them and my buddy and I made one, it was too difficult to get the jack in and out of where I had it mounted though, so I took it off the truck. If you're interested in some pics send me a message.

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
I started working on the design and building my new overlanding setup on the bed today.
20240308_181811.jpg

I've decides to use tha carrier from my reciever and cut it up and mount it to the inside of the bed on the passenger side. Up against the cab. Then the platform will be stationary. I will use some 1.5 inch aluminum L cut to 1.5 peices to fasten the kitchen down. With some 1/4x20 nut zerts. Then started cutting the slides. Hopefully I can finish it up tomorrow.
20240308_181821.jpg
20240308_181825.jpg
20240308_182643.jpg

Think when it's all done I'll cover the outside in some trunk carpet.

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Scored an injection pump and hard lines for my F250 at the U-Pull for $75. The pump is a reman and may be garbage, but worst case will be a core when mine gets tired. It’s due anytime now.

My son came along and had fun pulling a few emblems to make magnets/fridge stickers. Also pulled a bunch of individual letters to make his name.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I contacted Amazon because the website states my order was delivered. They uploaded a picture of the box to prove it was delivers, but that isn't my porch in the picture.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I started working on the design and building my new overlanding setup on the bed today. View attachment 107240
I've decides to use tha carrier from my reciever and cut it up and mount it to the inside of the bed on the passenger side. Up against the cab. Then the platform will be stationary. I will use some 1.5 inch aluminum L cut to 1.5 peices to fasten the kitchen down. With some 1/4x20 nut zerts. Then started cutting the slides. Hopefully I can finish it up tomorrow. View attachment 107242View attachment 107243View attachment 107244
Think when it's all done I'll cover the outside in some trunk carpet.
Why the passenger side? Won't the tires block your view? Wouldn't mounting it on the driver's side be better? That would cause less blocking of your view to the rear. You may be have good reason. Just thinking.

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
Why the passenger side? Won't the tires block your view? Wouldn't mounting it on the driver's side be better? That would cause less blocking of your view to the rear. You may be have good reason. Just thinking.
Mainly because of the slight lean I have. I have the tire strapped off right there right now and it doesn't seem to obstruct my rear view. To be honest. With the tinted rear panel, it's hard to see out the rear anyway. He says when he finds the un tinted one he will get it for me, but its still packed up from his move to GA. But removing the tire carrier gave me my camera back. Plus, my inverter and batteries are up against the cab on the drivers side. My bed lights switch, camping light switch, 12v jack, and USB charger jacks are all located at the rear of the bed on the driver's side as well. With the fridge being stationary and not sliding it would make it more difficult to reach those as well.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals