• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Yes I am. Apparently it’s pretty easy according to RonD, I put up a post in the V-8 swaps forum, just use the correct tool and boom. Might have to see about getting that added to the article in the tech archives

That sounds fun, I always wanted a 4-wheeler but keep buying trucks instead :dunno::icon_bounceblue:
Get a wheeler.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
That's just my hooptie farm quad even... just an '89 Honda TRX300 that I have like $400 in over the last 7 years... ($250 purchase price plus a starter and a couple batteries and I think brake shoes...). The 400EX would be more fun but the manual clutch and paddles that are on it now would be less ideal :), 350X would be even less ideal... The TRX300 needs a clutch but it still goes, and the front brakes need adjusted or something since they barely work...

Just flattened out the dirt more, I have a land plane thing and drug it around with the tractor, much better than just the harrows and pallet... the box scraper on the tractor gets it close but not perfect...

Fun experience with the tractor today, the pin holding the tractor end of one of the 3 point arms on fell off while I had the brush hog on, that was dragging quite awkwardly... conveniently I carry extra pins... that and I was carrying my new .22lr pistol while brush hogging and I saw a few voles wandering around, of the ~8 I saw and 13 rounds I went through I think I got one... they're hard to hit...

rubydist

TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
They're also not very big...

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
20220820_144836.jpg

Used the ranger to haul MY WHEELER around yesterday, put in on a new trail system and found a way to connect do a different trail system a few towns over. Did a touch over 40 miles.

*cough* @lil_Blue_Ford *cough*

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
That looks like some mosquito infested habitat. They bad this year?

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
That looks like some mosquito infested habitat. They bad this year?
Believe it or not, the bugs have been nearly non existent this year compared to years past. I picked probably 2 dozen ticks off me in the spring.. but I doubt I've had even a dozen bites from mosquitos all year. The horse/deer/moose fly population doesn't seem to be as strong this year either..

At least in southern Maine.. Up near katahdin there's literally always enough black flies to mess with a cameras auto focus lol. Havnt been north yet this year though.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I got that many mosquito bites in my living room last night... I'd take mosquitoes over ticks though I think... there's some over here but not many. Living on a wetland doesn't help my mosquito problem though...

At least shooting voles from the tractor with a .22 is cheaper than what I've done in the past with a shotgun... I have quite the stock of cheap ammo but hopefully it gets reasonable again...

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
I got that many mosquito bites in my living room last night... I'd take mosquitoes over ticks though I think... there's some over here but not many. Living on a wetland doesn't help my mosquito problem though...

At least shooting voles from the tractor with a .22 is cheaper than what I've done in the past with a shotgun... I have quite the stock of cheap ammo but hopefully it gets reasonable again...
I don't have too too many real pet peeves... but having to deal with itchy flying bugs is right near the top. Ugh. Id rather not even go outside if it's buggy.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
The mosquitoes aren't too bad until evening... like about now... there's more dragonflies this year then I remember any year since I've lived here (since '14) which I've heard should help some...

20220821_145312.jpg

This is the only thing I did ranger related today, I'm trying to get the shop cleaned out a bit so I can get the final inspection done, all of that is the reclaimed pallet wood I had floating around in the shop... I have a hard time letting them literally throw 5' 1x6 boards in the dumpster... those 1x2's are some kind of fancier wood... that whole back corner is 2x4's. The ranger trailer handled it fine, had to get rid of 3 wasp nests though...

After that I decided to relocate several yards of dirt 1/4 yard at a time... still have some more to move...

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Yesterday I tweaked the spindle nut on the right front wheel to eliminate a tiny bit of play I felt when grabbing the wheel and shaking it during the O2 sensor fiasco last weekend. Took only 1/12 turn of the nut to fix. If you have alloy wheels, you can do this without even removing the wheel by removing the center wheel cover and the dust cap over the end of the spindle. Makes it easy to check how easily it rolls as you adjust the nut. Both front wheels feel the same now.

Maritime Drag Racing

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
355 Chevrolet
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
2" drop rear shackles
Tire Size
27 X 5 X 15 Hoosier front - 9X30 Hoosier rear(slicks)
My credo
Race it - Break it - Fix it - Repeat
Don't have time to make new mounts and crossmember for the Ranger's adjustable AVI rear shocks. Eye surgery on Thursday, add in a few days to recover and with only 10 days till the Labour Day race we're doing a "Hail Mary" with a new pair of stock rear shocks for the Ranger. ANYTHING has to be better than the useless original ones that are on it now.

shocks.jpg

Getting too much separation on launch and it's causing some wheel hop then spin.

MNIP July.png

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
So I wasn’t really up for doing much today, but I did sneak down to the Ranger for a little bit this afternoon, did a little bit of cleaning and organizing, got the water outlet cleaned up and ready to go on and bolted in the new starter. Picked up some long ball end Allen key sockets yesterday and I think they might work for getting the header bolts installed. They don’t seem to want to come out of the bolts unless they are straight on, which kinda defeats the purpose of a ball head I think. But at any rate I may not have to buy new bolts again.

Need to try and figure out what to do, I bought a bunch of -10 AN stuff to see about rebuilding the heater core lines a little different from factory and didn’t really check to make sure I have the tools to do a 37* single flare in 5/8” tube. Well, I don’t have the tools. Summit Racing has four different tool options but they are all around $200 and I’m not really sure I want to drop that much for something that’s going to be used for 5 flares and left to collect dust after because I have a lever style brake flaring tool with the extra head and dies to do 37* flares, but it only does up to 3/8” (-6 AN), so most of the -AN work I’m likely to do will be done with that.

Maritime Drag Racing

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
355 Chevrolet
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
2" drop rear shackles
Tire Size
27 X 5 X 15 Hoosier front - 9X30 Hoosier rear(slicks)
My credo
Race it - Break it - Fix it - Repeat
New blue Monroe shocks in a "Hail Mary" attempt to solve our wheel hop and spin on launch problem. Old shocks were 100% non functional on rebound so this is hopefully a quick fix.

20220824_183730.jpg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals