• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

V8 Conversion Headers

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
I used C6AZ (66 full size Ford) manifolds on the 351 in my 93 and they fit like they were made for it. I'm pretty sure 289 hipo manifolds would work, too.
eng bay in process.JPG

Spiffy-Fish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford RangExplor
Transmission
Manual
I used C6AZ (66 full size Ford) manifolds on the 351 in my 93 and they fit like they were made for it. I'm pretty sure 289 hipo manifolds would work, too.View attachment 62026
I've found the driver side manifold. Is it a different code for the passenger?

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
Both sides are C6AZ( Cis the 60s, 6 is the year, A is full size Ford, Z is a Ford- most Mercury prefixes ended in Y). The drivers side is a 9431 and the passenger side is a 9430 base number, and I'll have to look at them to get the suffixes. Left would be C6AZ-9431-# and right would be C6AZ-9430-#. I think the right side off a 65-68 Mustang would work but the drivers side needs to point down and back at a 45 degree angle and not straight at the firewall like a Mustang.

Spiffy-Fish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford RangExplor
Transmission
Manual
I bought some stainless shorties for $140. A little dent in one spot and it should bolt up. Drivers side is pretty much In place. I'll be back with photos for the
passenger

Attachments

Spiffy-Fish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford RangExplor
Transmission
Manual
Ok so I added this spacer that is meant for the driver side motor mount to the passenger side

Then I bolted it on the motor mount to dry fit the rest and my passenger side now has clearance barely.

I'll be doing a little dent there and at the steering shaft. Ac also will have some space.

Attachments

Yell-osnake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Sport Trac
Transmission
Automatic
Has Anyone had a recent experience with ordering torque monster headers. I was was under the impression that Bob (person who's contact info
Has Anyone had a recent experience with ordering torque monster headers. I was was under the impression that Bob (person who's contact info is on the website) made the headers him self but apparently that's not the deal? I placed an order on March 17. Just wondering what the most recent someone got headers from them and how long they had to wait.
Spiffy, I ordered mine from TM headers in may 2020, received them like 5-6months later, closer to 5 months. Keep in mind this was basically before Covid got all crazy. I actually spoke with Robert P. maybe a month after ordering, so like June 2020, he was having some supply issues back then. Overall, I was completely satisfied with mine, they are ceramic coated inside and out, very well built! But just wanted to give you my ordering experience. I knew of the wait before ordering, well worth it.

Yell-osnake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Sport Trac
Transmission
Automatic
Well it’s been over a year, but I finally started. Got the motor and transmission installed

Last edited:

Dlillie87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Looking for headers for my truck and not sure which is best. 86 ranger 4x4 that I'm putting a mild built 302 in. I have promaxx aluminum heads of that matters, but I think the mounting surface for exhaust is the same. Putting a ZF5 manual behind the engine. My intention is to push the engine absolutely as far back as I can. I've seen one guy with a similar setup in a 1gen than said he used cheap falcon headers off of eBay. I see the Hedman 88400 recommended. Id much rather get the style that run all the way to the bottom of the engine and then start going back if there is a pair that will fit.

Tech-man

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 2wd
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306,Expy intake, GT40 heads, valvetrain is TFS stage 1, TRI-Y's & Magnaflow, AOD-E
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/5"
Tire Size
245/45/17
Installed Scott drake stainless tri-y this evening. Worked perfect, might shave a 1/4 in. In the frame on the passenger side tomorrow. Too late to take pictures. My goodness I’m happy with them.
Was the passenger side pointed straight towards the back of the truck or was it pointed towards the center?
I have a set of tri-y's and the passenger side points at the trans mount, not cool...

smilinjack

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
408C
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
2"
Tire Size
315 /35- 17
My credo
Always bite off more than you can chew!! :)
Sanderson makes a nice set of shorties. Got em on my Cleveland swap. Quality product too! No gaskets required.

Chris86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
86 ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Some one call me when they make a fenderwell header for a 351w swap in these trucks

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"

91013361_L_b021ebc0-6595-444d-b294-059c79a5521a.jpg

Header Dimension A20.35"
Header Dimension B7.15"
Header Dimension C16.13"

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals