• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

throttle body spacers

Motorcraft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
like i said sludge...

Intakes work they dont make the power that they advertise.

Aftermarket ignition systems do work when your making alot of power and have alot of timing issues.

and im sorry but i had a E-fan and the truck ran much cooler with it. so GFU.

Are you a Real word Mech>> I dont think you are .

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
for the record, my quote was "we'll get THE 16 year olds" I did not say ALL 16 year olds think that way. I know I didn't at 16.

And yeah, kids will learn but someone who's 40 and pulling that BS, should have their ranger permit pulled and sent off in a KIA.
I know, I know; I'm not actually bothered by it, I was just kidding.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
im not going to get into with you on this post because i know it'll be like trying to convince you the sky really isnt green.

and not that it matters in the case of aftermarket improvements, but im ford certified in several fields and until recently was a service tech at the local dealership.

Motorcraft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
im not going to get into with you on this post because i know it'll be like trying to convince you the sky really isnt green.

and not that it matters in the case of aftermarket improvements, but im ford certified in several fields and until recently was a service tech at the local dealership.
Well congrats so am I. But being a Ford cert dont really mean shit. If you know what The E-fan and Aftermarket Ignition systems do they dont increase HP. They claim they do they dont they make it a little easier to adjust timing and such. The E-fan works somewhat like a underdrive pully. It free's up restriction off the Rotating mass of the belt. They dont create HP. But they are worth while mods. sorry if you feel a stock truck is the best way to roll. so i guess all those people who have built there trucks up are wrong. and your correct. im sorry i did not mean to step on your toes your o great one of the sludge.

and did you not say you had only worked at tire shops in the last thread that we did not agree on. 5 over the past 7 years

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The same goes for many of those.
Some engines do get a noticable boost from a throttle body spacer, Just not engines that the throttle body is in line with the runners, Like most Fords. Some of the 4.0 Jeeps got a noticible increase because the spacer actually improves the flow path.
K&N filters and FIPKs sell because they DO make a Huge difference on some vehicles, Just not Rangers.
Aftermarket Ignition systems are designed for modified engines. Putting them on stock engines is a waste of money. Replacing an old oil filled coil with an e-core coil will give a noticable improvement. Replacing a Factory e-core with an aftermarket oil filled coil such as an MSD blaster is a step backward.
The E-fan is another one, Pulling a clutch fan to install an e-fan is just a loss of dependability. Pulling a solid fan and installing an e-fan will give you a noticable boost.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
and did you not say you had only worked at tire shops in the last thread that we did not agree on. 5 over the past 7 years
i said i HAD worked in tire shops...not that i ONLY worked in tire shops.

i move alot.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Get a block of wood and make your own spacer, then all you would be out of would be the wood and the time. :icon_thumby:

Motorcraft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The same goes for many of those.
Some engines do get a noticable boost from a throttle body spacer, Just not engines that the throttle body is in line with the runners, Like most Fords. Some of the 4.0 Jeeps got a noticible increase because the spacer actually improves the flow path.
K&N filters and FIPKs sell because they DO make a Huge difference on some vehicles, Just not Rangers.
Aftermarket Ignition systems are designed for modified engines. Putting them on stock engines is a waste of money. Replacing an old oil filled coil with an e-core coil will give a noticable improvement. Replacing a Factory e-core with an aftermarket oil filled coil such as an MSD blaster is a step backward.
The E-fan is another one, Pulling a clutch fan to install an e-fan is just a loss of dependability. Pulling a solid fan and installing an e-fan will give you a noticable boost.
thank you.

fishunterx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Goodness. At one time everyone didn't know jack.

Give the guy a break. He was just asking a reasonable question about a highly advertised 'mod'
it's fine to not know, but I always try and search if I have a question before posting a new thread.

maybe we could setup the title section when posting a new thread to do an auto search to make sure there isn't another topic on what they're posting.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals