• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

throttle body spacers

loneranger04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
has any one ever used a throttle body spacer?

RyanD2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Used one on my last truck. 98 2.5 4 cyl. Didn't do much except add some sound effects.

fishunterx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Can we pick one of those threads and make it sticky? Or possibly start a "what really doesn't work" tech library. we can start it off with the following subjects:

1)Driving a Chevy,
2)electric turbo/super, or any electric forced induction except for a leaf blower.
3)throttle body spacers,

any additions are more than welcome!!

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
What we should do is just create another step to the registration process. Make all new members read through a few threads offering basic information about lifts, what tires will fit with what, basic engine swap info, what stuff is a waste of money and why, etc...

Each thread could have links to more extensive info on each subject.

fishunterx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
but then we will get the 16 year old kids saying the only thing that will work is a 6" suspension lift with a 5" body lift and 35" super swampers with a strait pipe exhaust that is split out the back with 2 cherry bombs and all of this will be done on a stock 2.3L with a turbo bolted on, no intercooler pushing 15lbs of torque and of course for max speed you want to get a 1.26 ratio for the rear end!!!:icon_rofl:

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
but then we will get the 16 year old kids saying the only thing that will work is a 6" suspension lift with a 5" body lift and 35" super swampers with a strait pipe exhaust that is split out the back with 2 cherry bombs and all of this will be done on a stock 2.3L with a turbo bolted on, no intercooler pushing 15lbs of torque and of course for max speed you want to get a 1.26 ratio for the rear end!!!:icon_rofl:
I resent that. My ranger is stock hight, 27X8.5R14 tires, and only has 1 cherry bomb. and my rear gearing is 3.45. No turbo. Of course, this could be because I'm 17. lol

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
15lbs of boost?

i see more old farts with a "big red truck" small pecker complex than 16 year old kids and the kids even have an excuse! there age and lack of time to learn, what does a 40 year old man have? a mall crawler on 35s that has about 3 inches of flex.... the kid mite learn, the 40 year old almost never will.

fishunterx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I resent that. My ranger is stock hight, 27X8.5R14 tires, and only has 1 cherry bomb. and my rear gearing is 3.45. No turbo. Of course, this could be because I'm 17. lol
for the record, my quote was "we'll get THE 16 year olds" I did not say ALL 16 year olds think that way. I know I didn't at 16.

And yeah, kids will learn but someone who's 40 and pulling that BS, should have their ranger permit pulled and sent off in a KIA.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Goodness. At one time everyone didn't know jack.

Give the guy a break. He was just asking a reasonable question about a highly advertised 'mod'

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Can we pick one of those threads and make it sticky? Or possibly start a "what really doesn't work" tech library. we can start it off with the following subjects:

1)Driving a Chevy,
2)electric turbo/super, or any electric forced induction except for a leaf blower.
3)throttle body spacers,

any additions are more than welcome!!
...my pleasure!

4) Tornados
5) K&N filters and intakes
6) E-fans
7) UDPs
8) Aftermarket ignitions and coilpacks

And a small change to No.1:

1) Driving ANY GM product.......

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
...my pleasure!
7) UDPs
under drive pullies do "work". they just arent right for everybody (just like almost any other power mod that does work).

Motorcraft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
...my pleasure!

5) K&N filters and intakes
6) E-fans
7) UDPs
8) Aftermarket ignitions and coilpacks

QUOTE]

UDP's do work, E fans Do work, intake systems work dont gain the HP that is advertised, and aftermarket ignitions and coilpacks do great when you have the mods that prove you need them. like HIGH compression or burning the funny gas..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals