• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Started on my panels

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well finally decided to get busy and start working on my door panels. This is only my 2nd fiberglass project so be easy lol.

This is how i had the rings at first but ended up having to change them a lil bit for seat clearance.

Got the fabric stretched:

Had a lil audience while working:

Resined over material:

And here it is after 2 layers of matt and resin. Also a good bit of sanding has been done too

The cloth piece that was on the top of the panel has its own special project. i am having etched plexi pieces being made as well has MDF flush mount frames to go with them. They will be 'glassed into that top piece with these: http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

the A-pillars will house the tweets.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sweet cant wait to see it finished

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
sweet cant wait to see it finished
thanks...itll be a long work in progress. Only able to work on it 3 afternoons a week. im takin my time with them as i dont want to have to redo them EVER. ALso having to save up a lil bit for the speakers and small chit to finsih everything on my system. being a senior in highschool theres too mayne xpenses about this time of the year (biggest being prom) that have knocked me back a few weeks.

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
FINALLY gettin a lil more progress done...got tied up tracking down a local place that carries Rage Gold as well as deciding on what components so i can get my plexi done.

Comps came in this week (2 sets of Audiopipe 6.5s, figured everyone was loving the amps so y not try out the comps.) So i started on the A-pillars for the tweeters.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
cool project you got going. i'm trying to figure out something that i can make out of fiberglass myself. it's one of the few mediums i havent worked with and i've seen you can do some cool sh!t with it. cant wait to see it done

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
cool project you got going. i'm trying to figure out something that i can make out of fiberglass myself. it's one of the few mediums i havent worked with and i've seen you can do some cool sh!t with it. cant wait to see it done
Thanks...yea its super fun to work with....can get messy tho. My next project will be a fiberglass/MDF center console :headbang: Will hopefully have my whole interior the way i want it by the end of summer including my system and all interior pieces smoothed and painted.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
center console, oh yeah, that's where i am heading if i do one for my b2

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Got first coat of Rage Gold on all 4 pieces today and got em sanded down. Got another layer to do tomorrow then block sand em all. Prime em all up and install. Will have to install em before i get the plexi and LEDs on the top piece but itll be aight. Just look stupid for a few days. Heres a pic of one of the panels done...didnt take pics of everything cause it all looks the same at this stage.

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
update. the panels are basically done....just have to touch up some spots on the panels and pillars and prime and paint.

also will be gettin my plexi with frames this comin week to glass into the top piece where the cloth used to be.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
looks really nice man!!
cool door panels u made there

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
thanks...its only my 2nd glass project so its takin me a bit of time to get everything right.

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Lookin good!

85_redranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4 Cyl
Transmission
Manual
is this done yet need to see more looks very very good

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals