• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

School shooting in CT.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looking back I don't remember too many teachers I would want running loose with guns...

After Columbine they got picky for awhile, had to have all the classroom doors shut and one way locked (could get out but not in) during class. As time went on (and summer came in our unairconditioned school) they went lax on it and by high school I don't remember it being near as stringant. I think that is probably the best way to prevent it again, with all the classrooms sealed off aside from bouncing bullets through the little window or block wall you can't hurt anybody asides the office staff.

We had a regular city cop "patrolling" the high school, mainly spent his time in the media center reading the various newspapers but if something happened there was a guy trained on how to use a gun with a gun (and tazer) and able to call for help pretty much dead in the center of the school. Aside from giving them something a tad more productive to do I also think that is a great idea.

Security alarms on windows and limited/monitored entry points is another no-brainer thing to do.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Very inspiring service last evening. People of all faiths getting together and binding the community together and trying to understant something that defies words.

Then Obama turned it into a political attack....here come the new gun regulations....and you aint gonna like them!:annoyed:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I was watching that for a bit but I could see the politician this time...didn't actually listen to his words but I saw a lot of hand gestures and a few "chops"...political body language for "chops"...lol

Just hope it gets something right...

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Criminals pick targets of opportunity. Like has been said before you can train for this all day and night; however, there needs to be processes in place for early warning with someone that has the proper training to squash anything that could possibly come up.

If I had down time during the day I would be willing volunteer to protect today's youth. The legislation here in IN prohibits firearms, there is always an exception to the rule.

People wonder why I carry a gun. I am willing to put my life on the line for a complete stranger if it means giving up my own. There are very few people left in today's society that are willing to do that.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Then Obama turned it into a political attack....here come the new gun regulations....and you aint gonna like them!:annoyed:
Molon labe. They can have them when they pry them from my cold dead hands.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Very inspiring service last evening. People of all faiths getting together and binding the community together and trying to understant something that defies words.

Sounds like there is quite a bit of room for improvement elsewhere (although his mother apparently did not seek out help for him)

http://now.msn.com/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother-says-mom-of-mentally-ill-son?

Is it just me or is this one of the poorest covered stories ever? The only thing that was reported correctly Friday was there was a shooting at a school and there had been a bunch of kids killed. All the other details have change A LOT.

Tuner710

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

MPRanger

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
People wonder why I carry a gun. I am willing to put my life on the line for a complete stranger if it means giving up my own. There are very few people left in today's society that are willing to do that.
x2. Rep when I get to a real computer.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
My heart is broken because They are beginning to bury the children today.

When my son was murderd, my wife and I LITERALLY wanted to lay down beside him as they covered his grave....we did not want to live any longer.

I could not walk past the sporting goods isle and see all the footballs and baseball bats without crying like a fool in public.

Sometimes working on the Ranger that he and I were going to build, my eyes are so full of tears that I can't see what I'm doing.

I am always one thought away from losing it even when I joke around with you guys...Trs has bailed me out of hopelessness many times.

I am learning to trust in Heaven and Jesus (a subject that I had no use for at one time).

Men....your parents love you...some of them just might not know how to show it.

I know I will see my son again because of God and we will be happy forever.

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2001
Make / Model
1994 Ford Bronc
Engine Size
5.8v8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Failing is easy. Everyone can do it.
Molon labe. They can have them when they pry them from my cold dead hands.

I peeked at Drudge this afternoon. They are starting to ratchet up the gun control talk again big time. Ghesss...Let these people bury their children in peace already.

And the oddball news? The mental degenerates from westboro baptist church are stating they plan on protesting once again.....(One of my employees heard about that one on the way in.....disgusting)

Cry'in shame...I'm a baptist! I have no idea why or what gives westboro even the remotest idea they are christian.

S-

gbadgley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
99 Explorer
Make / Model
02 Ranger 4x4
Transmission
Automatic
OK, Let's face the facts, there is no ONE solution to the problem. I think that we as a society have created the perfect storm potential with a lot of problems being mixed together. lets face the facts.

More gun control? Criminals are criminals, I'm sure they are going to worry about a gun charge after they murder someone. As was stated in a prior post, if anything we need MORE guns out there. I'm sure someone would think twice about a home invasion knowing that there is a very good chance of guns (and someone that know how to use them) on the other side of the wall.

Media. I do blame them TO A DEGREE. They sensationalize a crime like this, every channel, every news cast for at least a week. I'm not saying sweep it under the rug. What happened was tragic, But allow those effected some privacy and let them grieve.

Video games? Be honest, do we REALLY need to play games that help kids "Practice" killing people?

Absentee parents. lets face a fact here, that IS a major player in the problem. Yes there are situations that require it, but there is NO reason to put ANYTHING ahead of your children's welfare. It is up to the parents to instill the proper life values it their children. Also stop taking the parent's rights away, there is a difference between a smack on the ass and a beating.

Obviously These are only a few of the problems, but in my opinion I feel that these are the MAJOR ones that if corrected would go a long way to help solving much of what is happening today.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
Arm the teachers.

Kids from 14-24 have all of these natural chemicals pumping through their veins. A hundred thousand years ago a young male had to make the change from cub to contender. You had to take on the alpha male and win, or slink off and make it alone. To give you that drive to make the push for the top, you have all of these chemicals that infect your brain through this period. This is a fact. You can only house train nature so much. As modern humans, we get into all sorts of social situations that evolution didn't prepare us for--evolution stopped for us many thousands of years ago. Young males have an anger that often finds no solution. You punch holes in walls, get drunk and drive too fast, put your head through car windows in the Wal-Mart parking lot. With sports and things, you find a target for this anger. Certain males, often raised by women who don't understand the furnace that burns inside a young man, end up going out of control. A few beers, this doesn't happen. Young men denied a pressure release, you get this. Young men wanting to scream at the world and leave in a hail of bullets--determined to make themselves immortal by their violent actions because they can't get it by becoming the alpha male through merit.

The back-lash of this violence is Bloombergs crying for gun control. Mindless and unintelligent pursuits. We have millions of guns in this country. They are not going away. We supposedly treasure children more than gold, but we lock up our gold behind iron, concrete and guns and leave our children assembled in classrooms with no protection.

I've got 5 kids, ages 2-12, so I feel this deeply. I think a school principal and vice-principal should be trained and required to carry a handgun. Any teacher that wants to should also be able to receive training and carry.

This shithead went for the school because it's a soft target. He didn't head for the sheriff's office because he might get shot there before he gets a chances to make history.
Ditto!

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Arm the teachers.

I've got 5 kids, ages 2-12, so I feel this deeply. I think a school principal and vice-principal should be trained and required to carry a handgun. Any teacher that wants to should also be able to receive training and carry.

This shithead went for the school because it's a soft target. He didn't head for the sheriff's office because he might get shot there before he gets a chances to make history.
Yes...yes...and exactly~

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I agree that you should arm the teachers;however, it should a 'less-than-lethal' (I felt dirty just typing that). Give teachers tazers and teach them to use them.

I am still in favor of carrying inside a school but you have to have 100% round accountability. There are very few people that can do that really. Also use a round that will not go through walls. I have Remington HD Ultimate Home Defense rounds loaded in my 1911 for that very reason.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals