• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

School shooting in CT.

JC 97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xlt
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
4" suspension
Tire Size
31x10.5
Did anyone hear about the incident in China yesterday? A knife weilding man cut/stabbed 22 children in a school there.Crazy crap is not just happening here.

JC 97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xlt
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
4" suspension
Tire Size
31x10.5
I'm NOT trying to be an ass, (I do Feel for them), BUT simply put, "PG 13", and food additives, does it every time.

I am confused as to what you are trying to say. Are you saying this person did this mass shooting because of food additives and "PG 13" movies? If so why aren't we all doing this? What about "R" ratings? "X" ratings? It seems that those would be worse.

JC 97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xlt
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
4" suspension
Tire Size
31x10.5
China knife assault

BEIJING: A man wielding a knife attacked students Friday at a school in central China, leaving 22 children and one adult injured, according to state-run media reports.

The attack occurred at the gate of an elementary school in the village of Chengping, in Henan Province. Police arrested the attacker, who they identified as local resident Min Yingjun, 36.

Children as young as six were among those hospitalized after the attack, suffering injuries including slashes to the ears and head.

An official at Guangshan Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital, the local facility, told CBS News at least two students had been transferred to the larger city of Wuhan, not far from Chengping, for treatment. The editor of the local newspaper which first reported the story said none of the children had injuries severe enough to threaten their lives.

he attack marks the latest in a series of violent assaults at elementary schools in China. In 2010, a total of 18 children were killed in four separate attacks. On March 23 of that year, Zheng Minsheng attacked children at an elementary school in Fujian Province, killing eight.

One month later, just a few hours after Zheng Minsheng was executed for his crime, another man, Chen Kanbing wounded 16 students and a teacher in a knife attack at another primary school in Fujian. The following month, on May 12, a man named Wu Huangming killed seven children and two adults with a meat cleaver at a kindergarten in Shaanxi Province. That attack was followed by an August 4 assault by Fang Jiantang, who killed three children and one teacher with a knife at a kindergarten in Shandong Province.

In 2011, a young girl and three adults were killed with an axe at an elementary school in Henan Province by a 30-year-old man named Wang Hongbin, and eight children were hurt in Shanghai after an employee at a child care center attacked them with a box cutter.

Some Chinese bloggers have blamed the lack of freedom of expression for the attacks, suggesting people frustrated by their own circumstances but lacking the means to seek justice or voice their concerns with the all-powerful communist government, lash out instead at the least powerful members of society.

China's lack of mental health care facilities may also be partly to blame for the attacks. There are almost no mental health care facilities in rural communities, which have experienced dramatic changes over the last several years as China's economy has grown.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It seems to me that the person who was equally guilty and as much the cause of this, was the mother! Her son had previous reported mental issues and he was living with her. What the hell was she doing with 4 pistols and a bulletproof jacket in the household with a nutcase? If you have someone that is unstable, the last thing you need around is them having access to guns.
My bet is she bought the the guns for him. I don't know of too many single ladies that have a desire to have that kind of firepower. Kinda backfired on here in the end though...

Did anyone hear about the incident in China yesterday? A knife weilding man cut/stabbed 22 children in a school there.Crazy crap is not just happening here.
So we gotta ban guns, bows and knives (along with anything that could be made into a knife) now?

From a gun control standpoint they really don't have much to to go on but don't even know it, the media is crying we need more. It is already illegal as hell to buy a gun for someone else even if they have a clean record, especially if they are underage and otherwise exempt. Last I checked it was also illegal to take a gun to a school, break into a building and to cause harm with a gun. Come to think of it I think there is even a law against suicide.

Last edited:

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
We have enough gun laws to choke a mule.

I got my fill of guns in Nam, but I believe every sane American should be able to buy them.

Evil happens.....usually to innocent people.

JC 97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xlt
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
4" suspension
Tire Size
31x10.5
I don't think we should ban bows,knives or guns. I would like to know why these things happen.My only guess is just pure evil. Man's inhumanity to man.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't think we should ban bows,knives or guns. I would like to know why these things happen.
I was being sarcastic. :icon_thumby:

a31ford

Electronics GURU
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi JC, You would have to encompass the "big picture" when I say that.

One of the things we as adults tend to forget, is did we see this kind of crap, when we where that age ? , hell NO, Bugs Bunny was the worst it got, AND I might add, there was NOT blood and guts, hell, I'm F'd up enough from Willie E when I was that age, let alone seeing the real thing.

Today's parents (I'm speaking for parents 20 years ago and up) have been given the rawest hand of society, to cope with, DOOM is a good start (it's about 20 years old now), friends kid saw that shit at age 7, guess what (it was an accident, dad was playing, kid walked in), kid needed counselling at age 9, F'd up totally, that is one example that was very close to home for my & his families.

It's NOT just the shows, it's the OTHER kids seeing the shows, and peering the kid that is messed up, it's the parents, it's the all mighty dollar and our obsession with it, it's all kinds of shit, but mainly it's the home, and how those parents raised the child.

you can say, no way, it's the kid him/her self, naw, see, if the parents where doing the correct thing, and studying how to be a parent, and reading up on what to watch for in their kids, instead of "leading the good life" the kid would not have been so F'd up in the first place.

Or, the fact that the parents have to "work there fingers to the bone" to cover the cost of living (middle class, like me), they would have had more time to notice and interact with their kids (me included).

TG, mine are at least somewhat sane, it saddens me to think I fell most way into that trap, also.

We now live out in the country, horses, grand-kids, a family that actually SPENDS time with each other (even thogh the kids live in the city).

See, I grew Up in Washington D.C. as a white kid, during the back riots, and Martin Luther King.

No, I'm NOT a draft dodger

Greg

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I thought this was pretty good:

““You want to know why {these shootings keep happening}. This may sound cynical, but here’s why.It’s because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he’ll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

“CNN’s article says that if the body count “holds up”, this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer’s face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer’s identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don’t sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
http://www.examiner.com/article/morgan-freeman-s-food-for-thought-regarding-the-sandy-hook-shooting

JC 97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xlt
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
4" suspension
Tire Size
31x10.5
a31ford,I would have to agree you. It seems that the traditional family,mom and dad at home, is a thing of the past.I have kids and grandkids. It seems that today society says that it is ok to be a single parent.What they don't tell you is how hard it is to raise kids by yourself.I try to spend as much time with my kids as possible.My two grandsons only have me as the man in there life.I pray that they turn out alright.

JC 97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xlt
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
4" suspension
Tire Size
31x10.5

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a31ford,I would have to agree you. It seems that the traditional family,mom and dad at home, is a thing of the past.I have kids and grandkids. It seems that today society says that it is ok to be a single parent.What they don't tell you is how hard it is to raise kids by yourself.I try to spend as much time with my kids as possible.My two grandsons only have me as the man in there life.I pray that they turn out alright.
In some ways it is for the better too, I would rather be on my own than with someone I don't like as much as I thought I did or was abusive.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
Can't really express how I feel about the tragedy. Just don't know how to, or how it could happen.

With respect to the violence todays youth is exposed to:

Guys my age (pushin' 60) were constantly watching western movies and tv shows with lots of shooting and indescriminate killing. We all had toy guns.
Then the Army taught me how to kill. (thankfully, never had to)
I own some guns, a couple of knives, lug wrenches, ball bats, glass bottles, gasoline, and lots of other potentially dangerous stuff.
Haven't killed anybody yet.

Perry

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
PJ, I'm half your age, and still remember as a kid watching western movies, still do, but never had a thought of going and killing someone, played cowboys and indians with friends and cousins, never thought of killing anyone, played a few old combat video games, never thought of actually killing anyone.

People are so worried about banning guns, but in an enclosed environment such as a classroom, I or anyone else for that matter could easily kill someone sitting in front of you with a pencil, pen, text book (they're plenty heavy enough), you could kill someone by picking up your desk and hitting them with it, etc. Seriously, guns aren't the problem, just so happens that's the easiest tool that criminals find to injure or kill people with. Its not the guns' fault that the criminal decided to point it at an innocent person and pull the trigger, the gun didn't do it the idiot holding the gun did it. I've had a loaded pistol sitting on my nightstand for 10+ years and its still sitting there, it hasn't just randomly decided to get up and fire a few rounds at someone and then sit back down on the nightstand. The media picks up this crap and seems to make it look like the gun walked around and started shooting people never-mind the criminal carrying the gun.

There are a few towns I know of that everyone carries a gun, you never hear of any violence in those towns, why? Because everyone knows that if they screw up they are pretty much screwed as they'll quickly be drawn upon by everyone around. I don't mind people carrying guns, and don't pay attention to those who do its their choice, and as long as they're a law abiding citizen there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Having armed teachers..what's wrong with that? If they have no criminal history and go through the concealed licensing process which includes a thorough background check this means they're a good guy I don't see why its such a bad thing to have concealed weapons on school grounds that guy or gal isn't going to be the threat its the person who walks in off the street and opens fire.

Anytime something like this happens at a school its just impossible to forget. Now these families have to go through Christmas without their child, and for what good cause I haven't found one period, because there wasn't one. These families have been torn apart, those children's lives were cut many years too short all because someone was let run the streets who shouldn't have been in the first place.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There are a few towns I know of that everyone carries a gun, you never hear of any violence in those towns, why? Because everyone knows that if they screw up they are pretty much screwed as they'll quickly be drawn upon by everyone around.
How much incentive is that for someone that plans to shoot themself anyway? He is going to get a drop on a couple people before the shootout starts and that is enough to get your name in the paper.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals