• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rough Country lift install problem, '79 f250

blue83ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm fixing up a '79 f250 4x4 and i put on a 4 inch Rough Country lift with rear springs instead of blocks but i'm having problems with that part of the lift. The lift didn't come with any directions and their site didn't have any for '79 or older fords. The problem is with the factory lift block. Currently the truck is just a frame so it's hard to judge if the truck is actually going to be level, but right now without the block the frame appears to be level which is what i want, unloaded. Do i use the stock block or not? and if i use the block under the spring the u bolts that came with the kit are barely to short. and another problem is that the kit didn't come with any bump stop relocator brackets so would i use the stock block on top of the spring to move the bumper stop up? then if i do that the stud and hole in the block are switched around and i'll have to cut the tab off the bottom of the block, drill it out and add a bolt to the top hole to catch the top plate that goes on the spring. Or if i use the block under the spring the u bolts that came with the kit are barely to short. and i extended the rear shocks and it looks like with the stock block under the spring they will just barely be long enough or they might be to short if i would hit a big bump. I'm confused on how they want this to go together. any ideas?

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, usually you re-install your stock block with the lift "kits". If you DO have any additional questions, call up Rough Country directly. Their customer service is phenomenal.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals