• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rich bank 2 and 1, Bank 2 is worse. I have a LTFT of around 29%

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You are being paranoid, but it doesn't mean someone is not out to get you :)

Oil level in the pan is way to low to have any contact with crank journals as they spin, in fact that would be the issue if they did, a bad thing, lol

The red straw will not effect anything

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
You are being paranoid, but it doesn't mean someone is not out to get you :)

Oil level in the pan is way to low to have any contact with crank journals as they spin, in fact that would be the issue if they did, a bad thing, lol

The red straw will not effect anything
LOL, Ok, ill go fill her up. I'm still gonna drop the oil when I get my scope thing and try to get it. She could use a third oil change since I used F***** sandpaper to deck the case to head surface with the pistons still in. I used a shop vacc, filled the cylinder with oil, and shop-vacuumed it out like 9 times I hope I didn't kill her early.

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
SOLVED. Injectors were the culprit. Now I have new heads anyway. Now to chase down this oil in radiator issue. Thinking timing chain cover leak or something.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Good work (y)

Thanks for the update

Oil in coolant is usually from Trans cooler issue, ATF not engine oil

Coolant in oil(pan) can be front timing cover

There is no real crossover between engine's oil system to coolant system
But there is for coolant into oil pan

And ATF in radiator trans cooler can be injected into the coolant system

Last edited:

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Good work (y)

Thanks for the update

Oil in coolant is usually from Trans cooler issue, ATF not engine oil

Coolant in oil(pan) can be front timing cover

There is no real crossover between engine's oil system to coolant system
But there is for coolant into oil pan

And ATF in radiator trans cooler can be injected into the coolant system
Ok thanks for the info. So I dropped the tranny pan and it didn't look like there was any coolant in it. So it just injects the oil into the radiator from the trans cooler and doesn't really allow coolant to get back into the transmission? Higher pressures or something?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, some coolant can get in to the ATF but its 99% the other way around, and the ATF is easily seen in the coolant because its lighter so floats to the top of radiator

Harder to see a little coolant in the ATF, but it will cause a "strawberry milkshake" ATF, like coolant in the oil causes the "chocolate milkshake", when there is enough of either, lol

If you have been doing engine work then any oil in the coolant(top of radiator), could just be from exposing cooling system passages to oil while engine was apart

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, some coolant can get in to the ATF but its 99% the other way around, and the ATF is easily seen in the coolant because its lighter so floats to the top of radiator

Harder to see a little coolant in the ATF, but it will cause a "strawberry milkshake" ATF, like coolant in the oil causes the "chocolate milkshake", when there is enough of either, lol

If you have been doing engine work then any oil in the coolant(top of radiator), could just be from exposing cooling system passages to oil while engine was apart
I actually found the oil before I started the work to be honest. So im thinking im gonna go ahead and get a new radiator just to rule it out. Do another Transmission Oil change, radiator flush and keep a close eye on it. She is running like a top. Again, thanks for all the help so far.

EDIT: Actually might just keep an eye on it now. Cause I thought I did see water in the engine oil. So im hoping all this cylinder head work will remedy???

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Don't panic, just run it. If you have a problem it will get worse. If it stays the same, I would say something got contaminated during the mechanical work you did.

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Don't panic, just run it. If you have a problem it will get worse. If it stays the same, I would say something got contaminated during the mechanical work you did.
I can relax with that for a while, im gonna dump the radiator and flush the system in 1000 miles, while keeping a close eye on it of course.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals