• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rich bank 2 and 1, Bank 2 is worse. I have a LTFT of around 29%

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The earlier 3.0ls ran 14lb/hr (14.5), up thru 1997 when fuel pressure changed to 60psi, and they switch to 21lb/hr
I know im an idiot for throwing them away, I didn't know how resilient injectors were.

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The earlier 3.0ls ran 14lb/hr (14.5), up thru 1997 when fuel pressure changed to 60psi, and they switch to 21lb/hr
Also wanna mention them injectors got all switched up haphazardly during my head change. Now the richest of the banks is bank one. Maybe it really is these remanufactured injectors. I mean they came in a plastic bag for crying out loud.

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I am fetal position comfort rocking, give me a straight jacket already.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Doing all this work yourself you are still saving money. And working on mechanical things, persistence is a very valuable trait for a mechanic. You may have to walk away and go sit in the house for a day or so, but then get a new idea and be back at it. Those are the guys that get things fixed.

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
21 pounds an hour had fuel pouring from the tail. Swear on my life. 14 sounds right. Model number for the injectors I thought were bad and threw in the dumpster? lol. Motorcraft 4L5Z9F593A Thats the OEM injector and thats what I had in when this whole thing started. Im about to buy them again lofl. Im good at throwing money away thats for sure.

INJECTORS CONFIRMED. Don't know if it's going to completely fix it but I did an injector bank-to-bank switch and the EXACT SAME fuel trim parameters followed placement. So Motorcraft $280 shorter but they are on the way. BTW. I put a new coil in and my check engine light has not come on since. -24% Bank 1 LTFT is the worst. I think the PCM throws a code at - or + 29% but I really do not know. Either way. When the injectors are installed I will report back. It seems the coil was losing gusto for sure though.

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
INJECTORS CONFIRMED. Don't know if it's going to completely fix it but I did an injector bank-to-bank switch and the EXACT SAME fuel trim parameters followed placement. So Motorcraft Injectors cut me $280 shorter but, they are on the way, and then I can rule them out for good. BTW. I put a new coil in and my check engine light has not come on since. -24% Bank 1 LTFT is the worst. I think the PCM throws a code at - or + 29% but I really do not know. Either way. When the injectors are installed I will report back. It seems the coil was losing gusto for sure though.

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Doing all this work yourself you are still saving money. And working on mechanical things, persistence is a very valuable trait for a mechanic. You may have to walk away and go sit in the house for a day or so, but then get a new idea and be back at it. Those are the guys that get things fixed.
Just ordered a boroscope, God bless technology. God bless. THE USA

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Just ordered a boroscope, used sandpaper to deck the heads. Sprayed and vacuumed a million times but I still know what I did. Doing another compression test after I install these OEM injectors. God bless technology. God bless the U.S.A.

Rearanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Dammit China,
You should have said "God bless CORPORATE America profits." I think God wants us to support China given the amount of products our "patriotic" corporate leaders have them manufacture.

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
You should have said "God bless CORPORATE America profits." I think God wants us to support China given the amount of products our "patriotic" corporate leaders have them manufacture.
I said God bless America for technology lol, but hey, your right.

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Did I tell anybody I switched banks 1 and 2, injector for injector, and the fuel trims switched respectively? Def injectors. But yesterday I was spraying some cleaner into the oil pan to wash out any residual crud and the red straw nozzle shot off into the pan, THATS why I ordered the cheapo boroscope. I hope I can fish it out. It looks like dropping the tank is a NIGHTMARE and if I was going down that far id almost like to try to re-ring the pistons or something while im at it????Any thoughts?

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
The red straw will probably sink to the bottom, and get sucked up into the pickup screen to the oil pump. No big deal, it won't hurt anything.

TonyG1989

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford / Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The red straw will probably sink to the bottom, and get sucked up into the pickup screen to the oil pump. No big deal, it won't hurt anything.
What about the crank and all the connector rods? Will it chop it up small enough to fit through the oil pickup screen? The idea of filling her with oil and turning her over gives me the heebie-jeebies. I would be the "one guy" who doesnt get away with it.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals