• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PVH hub blowed out! and axle making a lot of noise

SapoRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hi everybody,

I own a 1999 ranger, I live in Bolivia, South America, so the truck is a little bit different from the ones in US, first of all it's assembled in Argentina, and it is a 4door pickup. Everything else is exactly the same as the american 1999 ranger.

mine uses PVH hubs for the 4wd, and the other day while I was driving normally, the locking hub blowed away for some reason, I could find most of the parts, but I think something is broken so I will buy a new piece, the biggest problem is that I have a really annoying noise (like somthing loosen) I think it is in the axle, do you think it is because the hub is missing? Or something broke/got ut of its place and that's the reason the hub blowed?
I will take my truck to the service tomorrow but I want to have an idea of what to tell them.

Thanks in advance!

hondaxr650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Could be that you have a really bad/loose wheel bearing. A loose bearing could be the cause of the hub coming off in the first place. The wheel flange being cocked at an angle can cause the axle to push the hub off.

SapoRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks a lot, I will try to check it out tomorrow. I also had problems with the PVH system not connecting, do you recomend changing it to the manual system? Any way I lost a hub, so I can't avoid spending some money.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals