• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

old people keep unplugging my truck

Iron Ranger

Run lil' ricer RUN!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
0.040 punched 302
Transmission
Manual

erocka1982

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
man, i had fun reading through all this too hahaha

TaddeoEG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah my block heater. I was told by someone today that its not 1 but 3 old people that have ganged up against me...guess they don't like my truck.
Creative suggestions but all go to the symptom, not the problem. Unplugging your heater is the symptom - the problem is that, for some reason, 3 neighbors are acting rather childishly towards you. I'd want to know why. Do you have a loud exhaust and odd hours so you wake them up early in the morning or late at night? Do you party hearty all the time? Did you accidently run over their cat? (These are rhetorical questions - please don't answer.)

Point is, if someone told you it's three people who are ganging up on you that someone must know who at least one of them is. Go ask what the problem is in a calm, rational, adult manner. You might find that this is all based on some misunderstanding that you can get resolved easily. Might even make a new friend in the process.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Creative suggestions but all go to the symptom, not the problem. Unplugging your heater is the symptom - the problem is that, for some reason, 3 neighbors are acting rather childishly towards you. I'd want to know why. Do you have a loud exhaust and odd hours so you wake them up early in the morning or late at night? Do you party hearty all the time? Did you accidently run over their cat? (These are rhetorical questions - please don't answer.)

Point is, if someone told you it's three people who are ganging up on you that someone must know who at least one of them is. Go ask what the problem is in a calm, rational, adult manner. You might find that this is all based on some misunderstanding that you can get resolved easily. Might even make a new friend in the process.
He has already admitted to keeping some odd hours related to work.

Since its a condo setting it is likely that one of these people saw it, thought it was running up his or her electric bill, then said something to a friend or neighbor, or two, as old people are wont to do. Now they all think they are paying extra for the electricity being used by the block heater (probably not realizing that its not going on their bill and its likely a minuscule amount, thus leading to all three of them unplugging it thinking they are saving themselves some sort of money.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If they are old, they could just be tripping over the wire. Doubtful though. I would run an attachment point to your truck where you can lock the wire in while its plugged and talk to the condo building manager about putting a locking cover over the outlet. Problem solved with no confrontation. The only other answer is to switch to an extention cord with a bare wire and a short. Fry the bastards!

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Ok let me rephrase that. Noone within 1000 miles of anywhere I have ever lived would need to use a block heater
It gets pretty cold in Flagstaff. Not quite -50*C, but 20s and 30s Fahrenheit might make some people want to plug their cars in :D

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I'm gonna plug mine in up to 65* once I get my heater in.

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

I went on the assumption that the OP was not breaking any laws. If you are not breaking any laws and someone did this to me. My goal would be to ruin there life. Get them arrested. Put in jail. . what ever it takes. I have no patience with this nonsense. I would make an example of them.

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
I went on the assumption that the OP was not breaking any laws. If you are not breaking any laws and someone did this to me. My goal would be to ruin there life. Get them arrested. Put in jail. . what ever it takes. I have no patience with this nonsense. I would make an example of them.
Whoa! Put the brakes on man. Personally, I'd take the suggestion of using a couple ty-wraps and making it impossible to unplug it without tools. (excuse my earlier post about the train horn LOL). Sometimes being polite and straight to the point is the best way to go. The old people I talk to appreciate a matter of fact approach to problem solving. They usually get it when you explain that you're a working class guy trying to make a living and unplugging your truck would have a bad effect on that if you can't get it started.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Hoosier: That sentry autotargetting paintball gun is AWESOME. I seen some of his videos before. I would love to get my hands on one!

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals