• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ok...This is not my week.

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
After a stressful week at work, I decided to try to find the darn oil leak....So I get my pressure washer out and my Simple Green....Now mind you, I have washed the motor on the stang numerous times in the same method I did the truck....Well, got it clean, and tightened down the bolts on the valve cover, like someone suggested.....Took it for a drive to see the wife at work (about 10 miles or so) just to see if I really did fix the oil leak....Well about 8 miles in I came to a stop light and when it turned green, the truck had absolute no power at all...I could still accelerate, but it was noticeably low on power...felt almost like the motor was flooding out, so I backed off the gas and hear a popping sound (backfire) coming from under the hood.....not good....I have a feeling one of the connectors got wet maybe...but no codes and now I have no idea where to begin to look...

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
maybe you got too close to the distributor cap with the water. i know on a old carbd vehicle when mine would backfire through the carb it meant the timing was ****ed up, so you probably did get the distributor wet

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I am letting it sit overnight...(9:30 pm here) Boggin-it uses the coil packs and is distributor-less.

Harris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I had an F-250 V-10 gas burner with a coil pack on each spark plug, and a good wash ruined 2 of then (at $50 each), however, I wash my '94 Ranger all the time. The difference is I try to use a bucket and brush instead of high-pressure water.
Based on what you said, you have lost a coil pack. That truck should have 2. For the most part they are sealed up pretty good, so hopefully it is a short and not a destroyed ignition coil. I wish you had cranked it and let it get to and dry out at operating temp before driving it, but it seems like using it on the road would have done the same thing.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Fixing the car is good for stress it feels like you have control over something.Probably work fine when you let it dry out.

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
That is what I am thinking too...I will go down to the garage in about an hour or so, and see...

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Ok, so went down to the garage...started it up...let it run for a bit, then took it on a test drive....seems like everything is ok now....

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
yeah, you just got some shit wet that was supposed to be dry

myold96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
probably the plug wires next time spray with wd-40 it will wick the moisture out thus wd=water dry, 40 =40th try to get it right.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals