• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Help!!

Tyler Shensky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a huge problem, i just put a new engine in my 93' ranger and it will not start. I have checked all the wiring and everything tons of times. I am getting spark but no fuel. The injector rail has fuel in it and enough pressure but the injectors are not firing. I checked the voltage on the wiring that attaches to it and both Red and Tan wires are getting a charge. I have spent the last week or so trying to find what could be causing this. I have checked the Ignition Control Module, Crankshaft Postion Sensor, and most other modules or sensors. I would be grateful if somebody would help me out here, because I am getting no where.:icon_confused:

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
OK, the red wires should have voltage on them. Now for the tan and white wires (two injector will have red and tan, the other two should be red and white), those wires go to the computer, I think its pins 58 and 59. The computer takes those wires low (grounds them), then the injectors open and injects fuel.

Its nearly impossible to check the tan and white wire with a digital volt meter. They dont respond fast enough to change. But it can be clearly seen with an analog volt meter.

If you can locate an analog meter, hook it up to the tan or white wire, set it to read voltage and crank the motor. The needle should move back and forth from 0 to 12 volts.

steve63

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i would also make sure all you're grounds are hooked up

Tyler Shensky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I figured it out. The mustang fuel injectors either required more pressure then the fuel pump could put out or they were plugged. I put the old fuel injectors of my other motor and it fired right up. :yahoo:

now i get to weld on the new core support and ill be done :icon_welder:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals