• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993 ranger

1. 8.8 diff

Question on a 8.8 rear axle. I can get a rear axle for free,all i have to do is take it out. it's in a 93 ranger 4.0 auto.trans. Stander cab , i checked the tag. if i'm reading it right it's a code 92. should be 8.8 2750 lb and 3.08 gears. gears are way to tall, if i get it it's going in my 1987...
  2. All about them gauges

So I have a 93 Ranger 4.0L 4x4 with a manual transmission. Problem: All of the gauges with the exception of the speedometer gauge are dead. The speedometer gauge goes crazy when you accelerate and goes to the correct speed when you let off of the gas. When it happened: I knew a guy that...
  3. Hi From West Palm Beach!!

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a 1993 ranger as a hobby/project. I am not a mechanic by trade but love to work on vehicles. Been using the ranger station for months already, figured its time to register. I started a blog to follow some of my progress, but mostly so I can figure our how...
  4. 5-speed manual 4x4 Mazda M50D-R1 plug replacement

First off, this seems to be a great forum... also full of people with knowledge! (i have a 1993 ranger 4x4 3.0 5spd manual) i will start with a little background to my question. i had a rebuild on my tranny less than 5k ago. before it was replaced, the plugs on the top side of their Mazda...
  5. Tyler Shensky

Need Help!!

I have a huge problem, i just put a new engine in my 93' ranger and it will not start. I have checked all the wiring and everything tons of times. I am getting spark but no fuel. The injector rail has fuel in it and enough pressure but the injectors are not firing. I checked the voltage on the...
  6. 1993 Ranger....bogging down..losing power.

Driving home from work...35mph....running smooth.....suddenly ( like someone flicked a switch) I lost power... I kept going by tapping the gas until it would sorta catch and have a bit of power for a second or 2 and then,,power loss again....I limped home... /// Upon looking into the engine...