• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

loud ticking in intake manifold?

jefferson_18

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I was got caught up in some deep water and stalled out. This happened twice, only the second time when we finally got it started there was a loud ticking from the manifold area. the second time i came in a little fast and splashed quite a bit, which is why i think it could be intake manifold. don't really want to take it to a shop. has this happened to anyone?Thinking it could be intake/exhaust manifold, but i can't see any visible cracks from what i can see. it starts and idles no differently, so hydrolock is pretty much out i think. It almost sounds like it could be a lifter, but it's definitely loud, and gets louder with higher RPM's. any ideas would be sweet. thanks!

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 80CBDBD15DC160 Expires: January 4th, 2021

Edgefevah

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
A video or recording of some sort might help, give us a better idea of what to suggest

ranger2.9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Pull the dipstick and see if water got n there? The 2.9 is notorious for the rocker arms ticking.