• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

loud ticking in intake manifold?

jefferson_18

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I was got caught up in some deep water and stalled out. This happened twice, only the second time when we finally got it started there was a loud ticking from the manifold area. the second time i came in a little fast and splashed quite a bit, which is why i think it could be intake manifold. don't really want to take it to a shop. has this happened to anyone?Thinking it could be intake/exhaust manifold, but i can't see any visible cracks from what i can see. it starts and idles no differently, so hydrolock is pretty much out i think. It almost sounds like it could be a lifter, but it's definitely loud, and gets louder with higher RPM's. any ideas would be sweet. thanks!

Edgefevah

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
A video or recording of some sort might help, give us a better idea of what to suggest

ranger2.9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Pull the dipstick and see if water got n there? The 2.9 is notorious for the rocker arms ticking.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals